• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Gonal Girls

Amber - sorry to hear it... Hopefully the progesterone give you the boost you need

Dbluett - so sorry

Sugarpi - glad to hear you are going for another round. Good luck!

Cruz - IUI never worked for me either because I always ovulated before the trigger both times. So frustrating!

So, I had my ET yesterday and am still feeling pretty sore. But I do feel good that of the 6 eggs that fertilized we got 5 blasts, which means that we have 4 frosties! So, though I hope my beautiful overachieving 4AA blast sticks this time, if not, I won't have to do another fresh cycle if we want to try again.

Sugarpi - no, you shouldn't get a false pos with gonal f.

mizuno - that is awesome. fxed it is implanting nicely! Is this your first IVF? How did you fare through the process? Also, if you don't mind me asking, how old are you?

Ttc, it is my first IVF. I really can't complain about the process (though I still would rather not do it again) :wacko:

I did not have any side effects from lupron and found injections relatively painless. I did feel nauseous 2x after injections, but it went away without any intervention within an hour. GF was a breeze as always. I did not like Luveris, due to the large volume you have to inject (1 ml, compared to 0.1 or 0.05 ml of lupron and GF). It would alwaybs form this big bubble under my skin that really freaked me out (though it didn't hurt). HcG injection as always was a b$tch and left me with a huge red welt and awful injectin site pain for 2 days :cry: Also, it was pretty uncomfortable once the follies got big (for about 2-3 days before ER, where i couldnt sit properly or lay on my belly (it was needed for my acupuncture treatments). And i only had 10 follicles - cant imagine how people with 20 must feel !!! :wacko:

So, physically, it wasn't bad. Emotionally, it was hard, especially once I started stimming and it wasn't going as fast as I hoped and once I triggered, I worried about early ovulation. Then, of course, there is the worry about how many eggs they'll get, how many will fertilize, how many will survive to day 5 :) I also felt a bit isolated from friends and family, as they don't know what we are going through and I tried to avoid them during this time to try to avoid any external stresses (that was my choice though).

I am 34 and other than slightly low estrogen and thinner lining, there don't seem to be any other obvious problems (classified as unexplained infertility) - I ovulate on my own and have regular periods. Yet, still didn't get pregnant after nearly 2 years of trying.

I hope that helps you with your situation. If you are worried about IVF, don't be. It's not that bad and you'll get a ton of support from your clinic, the girls on here and other forums, and of course from your DH and friends and family (if you choose to tell them). I see you star stimming soon. Is that for IVF? Good luck to you in your next cycle!! :dust: :dust:

Thanks mizuno....yep this is my first IVF and I am a worried but excited at the same time. Is am also unexplained but I am 37....so I do worry about my egg quality. I will let you know how it all goes!

okay good im glad I didn't buy the OPK's and waste money! Those are expensive! I always get the smiley ones to make sure theres no stress trying to figure out if its positive or not!

Had my beta this morning another :bfn: :nope: Now gotta wait and see if my RE is willing to do anymore rounds or if she is going to insist on IVF which we can't afford. I just don't feel like this is going to happen for us again.

Well a bit of silver lining...my RE is willing to continue with Gonal IUI TI cycles! Mid cycle my nurse said she had mentioned my RE was wanting to push IVF but we can't afford that. I'm so glad she is still willing to continue! I feel a bit of hope restored.

hey guys, I am out, started spotting on cd 24, cd 25 got my period, wth? why so early who knows? I ovulated early too, like cd 12, so its still a 12 day leutal phase. My doctor is upping the dose to one day 37.5, one day 75, and alternating like that for five days. This time if my lining is looking crap I am insisting on taking something, even though he doesnt believe in it, I am exhausted, have already cried my eyes out about it. We are only doing 3 of these then I am moving on to ivf. So please G-D let the next one work!

CD1 but I'm going to be very positive about this cycle and try to relax and let go of all my worries and stress! Super sticky baby dust to us all!!

Hello ladies! I have been reading this thread and hoped I could join in for some extra support. I am 30 and I have primary amenorrhea, meaning I have literally never had 1 period on my own. I tried 150 of clomid with progesterone to bring on a AF for 10 months last year and never had any follies develop over 10mm. Finally, I had to take a break for my own sanity and I'm now getting started again and could really use some positive energy. I've just finished my first round of 150 units of gonal f on cd day 3 and 5 with 150 of clomid cd days 3 thru 7. I have my scan scheduled for Sunday (cd11). At first I was very positive and excited about adding gonal f but the last few days I have been having totally negative thoughts, the hormones have a very negative mental effect on me. I've had so many failed cycles with conventional medicine as well as natural therapies, it's hard for me to believe it will ever work. You ladies and your experiences have helped me to get back to a positive state of mind so I want to join in and hopefully provide encouragement for others.

Hi ktaylor :hi: This is a great group of gals! I wish you the best of luck!! Feel free to jump right in and ask any questions you may have.

AFM I had my baseline app today I have few cysts but none that caused my cycle to be canceled. We are trying something new this cycle we are adding menopur! I am nervous and excited all at once! Anyone here been on menopur before? Any different side effects versus gonal? I do my first injection tonight and go back on Monday to see how the follies are doing. :happydance:

Amber I haven't done gonal f but I've done four cycles of Menopur and I always get on fine with it- good luck Hun I hope the change of meds brings you your bfp :hugs:

:hugs::hugs:Thanks for the welcome ambernov20! I was wondering if there was anyone else here with pcos and primary amenorrhea that had success with their treatments and if so what worked for you?

Hi ladies,

Not sure if this is a group for people doing just IVF and using Gonal F or if people who are doing an IUI can also join in :) ?

I have thin PCOS and periods usually come around ever 3-4 months. I have tried 2 cycles with IUI and Clomid ( one with trigger aswell ) that were unsuccessful. This cycle things seem to be looking better and happening sooner. The 2 previous cycles I had insemination on day 19. This cycle I took Letrozole, Gonal f, Plus a stronger trigger shot. I have 3 dominant follicles but in total have RIGHT- 23MM,19MM,15MM,12MM and on the LEFT-14MM,12MM. My lining is a 12.5 ( much better then a 10 last time!).

Today is my first insemination ( day 15 opposed to day 19 ) and tomorrow will be the next insemination. I took the trigger shot at 8pm last night.

I am praying this time works as the bank account is starting to get a little low!!!!

I didn't find I had even half as hard of a time on Letrozole OR Gonal F. CLOMID IS JUST ROTTEN !!!!! No one could pay me enough to take that. My OH definitely thought I was going to kill him hehehe poor guy. I get to feel like a normal person with Gonal F, it's wonderful.

ktaylor I don't have both but I do have PCOS but never really had a problem til after my first 3 medicated cycles with Gonal F and HCG trigger. I took 3 months off and my periods went whacky! I was 10 days late the first month then almost two weeks late the next month. So for me medicated cycles definitely help keep me regular!

want2beamamma :wave: We're all just kind of supportive here. I think originally it started just as a group for those being treated with Gonal F but as some have went other ways for treatment we have a few that are doing IVF and some IUI so feel welcome to join in!!

AFM I have done 2 doses of the gonal f and menopur mix. Yesterday I had a nasty headache not sure if it is adjustment to the meds of that I am cutting out caffeine. But either way it wasn't good!

I also had some cysts when I went for my baseline 9, 10 & 14 but my estrogen was only 35 so my RE decided to go on with the cycle. Just wondering what I may be looking at with these guys....I've only had one cyst at a baseline and it was like a 8 and it was gone by the next us.

Oh goodness!! I am responding EXTREMELY well to the gonal/menopur! I have like 19 follies! I am so worried that my IUI with TI is going to be canceled :sad1: Too bad we don't have the $ for IVF!

wow 19 follies...that is awesome! I found the menapur burned when injected and I did get headaches on it.

I ice my injection site because I'm a weenie lol so I don't so much notice a burn. My estrogen was only 85 with all those follies, I'm certain one or two were the cysts we saw on cd 3, but still figured my estrogen would be higher. So my RE upped my gonal to 225. I go back Thursday to see what's going on.

19! That's great ambernov20! Hopefully you'll get a couple good ones! I just had my scan yesterday. (We must be on the same schedule) I have several smaller follies and 1 follicle that's 14mm (my biggest one ever) but not big enough. My estrogen was at 90. Only on CD 12 so its still early. More gonal f and another scan tomorrow to see how its going. Hopefully things are going in a positive direction!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"