Gonal Girls

Norah - I had ovarian drilling (OD) done last June and don't regret it at all! We have an amazing thread in the LTTTC success stories section that is very long, but there are great women there! We've all seen positive effects from the OD and it's not that bad of a surgery. I would say go for it!

Forgot to ask you ladies earlier, when you have taken gonal F and it is a failed cycle, does your cycle revert back to its previous state or does AF come to visit around 14 days after the last dose? I normally have 46 day cycles and am planning on waiting it out until AF comes to visit.
I have to pick up my prescription for the next cycle next Wednesday, it takes a while for the pharmacy to get the meds in as well.

For me I never get af on my own. When I used the trigger af came on her own. But other than that I have to take provera.

good luck for tomorrow Chiles, hope you get the numbers you hope for x

Thanks!!!! I will update you all tomorrow!!!!!

Clomid and trigger shot
I have a few questions about Clomid and the trigger shot. I'm on my second cycle of Clomid 100 mg cd 3-7. I went in for a scan on cd10 and had 2 mature follies so we decided to trigger since I wasn't having an LH surge and she was afraid that the eggs would over mature before I got my surge. I did the trigger that evening and continued to temp and it's indicated that I O'd cd11 but on cd12 I had really bad ovulation pain, almost exactly 36 hours after the shot, which is when they say the shot will cause O to happen. Im just confused about my chart. Could I have O'd twice or did the shot itself make my temps go up? so so confusing!! Thanks in advance!

A little background:
3 m/c
Two months post surgery for Endo, PCOS and severe scar tissue connecting uterus and bladder

With triggers I was told 24-36 hours is when ovulation occur. We can't really say if your follicles ovulated at different times, only if you would of have an u/s between the temp rise, and ovulation pain. Everyone is different. I would just :sex: to make sure you don't miss it!!!!

AFM: my e2 continues to rise we are at 102 today. Still no measurable follies. I have been looking at Cridge e2 numbers and mines to reassure myself. Mines is higher then hers, which has me on edge because she had tons of follies, and I don't want them to cancel me this cycle, I can deal with mutiples. Lol. Anywho I will post cridge numbers and mines.

CRIDGE
Cd 4- e2 30
Cd 9- e2 60 no follies over 5mm
Cd 12- e2 190
Cd 16- e2 1700 (21mm, 19mm, 4or 5 15-16mm, a couple smaller 12-13mm follicles) :bfp:

Chiles
Cd 4- 53
Cd 7- 102 no mature follies
Cd 10- monday

Can I join you all? I'm getting ready to start my third cycle of injectables. I'm on Follistim, not Gonal-F, but they're the same thing.

Here's a rundown of my history...been TTC with PCOS since August 2010. I've done 5 cycles of Clomid up to 150 mg- got pregnant and had an early m/c on my first round of 150 mg, but no luck after that. My OB/GYN then referred me to my RE, who did 2 rounds of Femara with me with no response. I then moved onto injectables in October. The first month I was on Bravelle and Menopur, but didn't respond well so my cycle was cancelled. In December I did a cycle with Follistim and Menopur and responded wonderfully. At trigger I had 2 ripe follies. We did IUI that cycle and it was unfortunately a BFN.

Right before I triggered that cycle, my RE thought he saw a polyp on my u/s and said that if I didn't get pregnant he wanted to do a sonohysterogram to check it out better, so after a couple months off I actually ended up starting my period naturally at the end of February and had the sono at the beginning of March. Sure enough, it was a polyp, so I was scheduled for a hysteroscopy with polypectomy and D&C on March 20. The surgery went super well, I just had my follow up on April 3 and my RE informed me that the polyp was "huge" and he has no doubt that it could have contributed to preventing implantation.

So now here I am. I finished Provera yesterday and now I'm just waiting for AF. We're doing the same protocol as last time, starting at 150 iu of Follistim. I just want to get this cycle going!

Hi All, May I join you too? Here is my summary - one blocked tube(left side), tried 2 rounds of clomid but it made my lining thin. I've also got slightly low progesterone. Been ttc since Aug 2010

I am British but living in another country (non English speaking) so I could really use the support!

Lets all keep our fingers crossed for some good news. I am starting my 2nd round of injections tomorrow

baby dust to all x

Both of you ladies are Welcome!!!!! Look forward to your upcoming cycles!!! :dust:

Welcome ladies, the more the merrier, good luck with your cycles.

afm: tmi ALERT!!!

Today I have been having a little bit more uncomfortable abdominal pain and the most copious amounts of EWCM. Sorry for the graphic ladies! Now we know I have no follicle in there so how is it that my body is responding in every other way? I always knew I was special and a wonder to science.

How is everyone else doing?

Positive thought for today:
"Positive anything is better than negative nothing." From The Road to Success is Always
Under Construction

Thanks for the welcome Chiles!

Norahbattie - I am beginning my second round of injections (150ml follitism pen thing). In my first cycle I noticed a lot more cramping and I was spotting from 6 dpo (got excited and thought it was IB but more likely it was due to low progesterone). I am now day 5 of my second cycle and took my first shot today. I am still feeling a lot of cramping, more than usual. is this normal I wonder?

To be honest with you, I am very new to gonal F and maybe the other girls can answer your questions. I had an incredibly heavy period when I started gonal F with cramping as well, also I had intermenstrual bleeding around day 9 but this apparently perfectly normal with about 10% of women experiencing it.
Good luck with your cycle

Thanks for the welcome ladies!

AF came today. I'm so glad she's cooperating with me, haha. Seems like 9 times out of 10 she comes when I don't want her to or doesn't come when I do want her to. This time the witch is behaving!

I start 150 iu of Follistim on CD 3, and tomorrow I'll have to call my RE to schedule my baseline scan and E2 draw for CD 3. Fingers crossed for this cycle!!

norahbattie- Maybe your follicles are growing now? I visit another forum where a girl was doing an injectables cycle, was responding slowly to the meds and her doctor cancelled her cycle. However, her follies continued to grow on their own, she ovulated, and got pregnant that cycle!

gaijin- I'm sorry, I'm really not much help! I can't say that I had any more cramping than normal or anything after starting injections. Maybe the cramping is from the meds beginning to stimulate your ovaries.

Good Luck wanting2010!!! I did 150iu starting cd 3 as well. I am currently cd10. I go in for my bloodwork, and u/s today. My nurse say we are going to be keeping the road hot this cycle and we have. This is my 3rd appt thus far, and I know I may have at least 2 more, if not more. Lol. I think we are going to see something tomorrow. Hopefully some good news.

chiles - did you get my IM? Somehow I lost your original message so I hope it got to you. :) Thanks for posting my e2 numbers! I was able to input them into my journal easily. :thumbup:

Welcome to the new girls!

Norah - I had a TON more ewcm with gonal-f - even when I had no follies on u/s. :shrug: But you're not currently on the shots, right? So maybe your follies decided to play catch up! :thumbup: I would get busy just in case!

Gosh I hope that would happen to me wanting2010 but unfortunately my consultant is no longer scanning me this cycle and has told me to wait it out for AF to rear her ugly head. I am guessing the NHS works slightly different to all the stateside women as she didn't do any oestradiol levels or anything and part of me is tempted to just go out and get it done privately.
I have the most uncomfortable feeling on my right side and I have been having it all the way through the cycle but the one thing that is bothering me the most, is the feeling of nausea, I think this is to do with my awful hayfever and dust allergy. I keep feeling sick going up and down our lift, fingers crossed AF comes to visit in 10 days or a lovely :bfp: :lol:

Cridge - who knows what is going on tbh, I am just taking it that this cycle hasn't given me anything and fingers crossed the next cycle is a good one, unfortunately my dear OH and I live apart and we only see each other at weekends but we make sure its a good weekend ever weekend :thumbup:

chiles - did you get my IM? Somehow I lost your original message so I hope it got to you. :) Thanks for posting my e2 numbers! I was able to input them into my journal easily. :thumbup:

Welcome to the new girls!

Norah - I had a TON more ewcm with gonal-f - even when I had no follies on u/s. :shrug: But you're not currently on the shots, right? So maybe your follies decided to play catch up! :thumbup: I would get busy just in case!

Yes I did!!!! and you are welcome

Hey ladies! Well I took my first Follistim injection tonight and my first appointment is tomorrow afternoon, CD 4. I'm excited to see what this cycle brings!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->