Gonal Girls

@curlie girl, I am not sure about the hcg shot helping with the lutheal phase. All they do is make you release your follies. I have heard of progesterone shots that help LPD, but I am in the loop with the spotting part. Did your RE get ya P4 blood draw seven days after you ovulate? Make sure your numbers are okay?! I guess we will have to wait this out and see. Who knows...it may just be your bfp! FX for you...hope everything turns out good.

And I was preparing for a full gonal f cycle with iui, I will probably do ivf if all else fails

Another scan yesterday and no change from the other day, apart from telling me there was only 1 follicle/cyst on each side both at 7-8mm. Next scan after the bank holiday weekend, in the meantime to continue 75iu of gonal F

Another scan yesterday and no change from the other day, apart from telling me there was only 1 follicle/cyst on each side both at 7-8mm. Next scan after the bank holiday weekend, in the meantime to continue 75iu of gonal F

If there's no change then why is the doc having you continue on 75iu? Are they testing your estrogen levels each time? Every time I've been my follies have changed even if only by 1mm in 2 days, but the deciding factor for my med dosage is always my estradiol levels. I have to wait until the afternoon for them to call me once they get the blood results back.

Unfortunately not testing my oestrogen levels at all, I think its because I have been scanned so early that she doesn't want increase it yet, i trust her completely unlike the registrar who was rubbish. I am in the UK and having the treatment under the NHS. I think if there is no growth on day 12, she will hopefully increase the dose and not call it a day. I do completely trust her and I know she knows what she is doing, she has even given me her mobile number to call her anytime!

Well ladies we have decided to go head and go through with the cycle :) I am CD1 today so I will be starting gonal F cd 3 which is monday until I am ready to trigger :) I am very excited!!!!!! Hoping this is it.

I am just so happy idk why but I am getting good vibes!!!!! Well I am off to bed because promised to go shopping with my little sister for prom dresses tomorrow! GoodLuck ladies!!!!

Aww Chiles that is great news, good luck, how much are you starting off on and where will you be injecting?

yay chiles. fingers crossed. thinking about you

Aww Chiles that is great news, good luck, how much are you starting off on and where will you be injecting?
Thank you!!!!
I think its going to be 112.5-or 150 until I have my blood work done and then they will increase or decrease depending on how I respond. I will be closely monitored with u/s and bloodwork. every 2-3 days...supposely. Good Luck to you ladies as well!!!!!
yay chiles. fingers crossed. thinking about you

Thank you!!!! Same to you wonderful ladies! :dust:

Officially back. I did my 1st inject tonight. 150 iu. Bloodwork and u/s tomorrow. Not expecting anything but we shall see.

Had a U/S today and my consultant has decided to call it a day, there has been no change on the ovaries with 1 follicle remaining at 8mm and another gone to 9mm. She is not wanting to increase the dose as she is worried about overstimulation, she would like to go low and go slow due to my PCOS.
I am currently at work and can't stop crying, I was trying not to have any hope for gonal F but seeing the success stories made me have a little. I really want a baby so bad, I have now decided to try and focus my energies into losing weight and studying for my exam until the next cycle that is.....

Oh Norah, I'm so sorry to hear the bad news! I posted to your journal but I just wanted give you another virtual hug :hugs: and say how much it sucks!!!

Had a U/S today and my consultant has decided to call it a day, there has been no change on the ovaries with 1 follicle remaining at 8mm and another gone to 9mm. She is not wanting to increase the dose as she is worried about overstimulation, she would like to go low and go slow due to my PCOS.
I am currently at work and can't stop crying, I was trying not to have any hope for gonal F but seeing the success stories made me have a little. I really want a baby so bad, I have now decided to try and focus my energies into losing weight and studying for my exam until the next cycle that is.....

Don't give up yet! The same thing happend to me last cycle. They cancelled my cycle on cd 15 because all my follies was under 10mm. Well I used provera to bring on af, when she came I went in for my cd 3 u/s and bloodwork, and I had 8 huge cysts. Between 19mm-26mm. And had to take bc pills. My RE said this happens to some women with PCOS respond slower and then wa-lah! They bloom like crazy. So if you do decide to cancel this cycle I would get on birth control pills to minimize the chances of developing cysts. I ended up waiting two cycles to start this one. And cycle before that one I had to stim until cycle day 19. I had 1 follie, and we used a trigger of course. This is the reason why I am on such a high amount this cycle because of the outcome of my previous cycles. I never responded to femara at all. My previous cycles has been combo cycles along with the femara. I was discourage like u at first but gonal f is a great drug! Its just trying to get the right dose. Just take some time to get it together and let's try it again.

Afm: I went in today for bloodwork and u/s! Cysts are gone!!!! My nurse say that we are going to make it happen this cycle :) depending on what my estradiol levels say we will be increasing or decreasing my dosage. Out of my 4 cycles I have only made one follie. So let's see what happend!

@norahbattie - I am so sorry to hear that! I feel for you...

Chiles - I am just confused because I thought my trigger HCG shot was supposed to help with luteal phase defect...?

It really does not seem like a period. Sorry if this is TMI but it is not thick and dark like my period usually is. This is bright red and there are actual drops of blood. With a period, there are never drops, it's more like a thick stream...

Chiles - are you preparing for a round of IVF?

How many DPO are you now? How many days has the bleeding been happening? May e a few more DPO and u can test?

I tested today and BFN :(

Hi ladies, I haven been too active on this thread but wanted to provide some hope with a gonal success! I got my :bfp: on Sunday at 11dpo. I got my beta yesterday at 61 and will get another one tomorrow. I was on 150iu on CD3-8 with trigger on CD9 with three follies between 16mm and 20mm. Now let's hope all three didn't implant!

BFN after the weird bleeding last week... I am pretty depressed...

I saw my doc today and I have a big cyst that hopefully will go away, but that means I have to wait until May to start another cycle with gonal-f, sigh.

All you ladies are so courageous. I feel so defeated as all my friends seem to be having babies. It's so tough, especially because I haven't shared our fertility issues with anyone.

Hi ladies, I haven been too active on this thread but wanted to provide some hope with a gonal success! I got my :bfp: on Sunday at 11dpo. I got my beta yesterday at 61 and will get another one tomorrow. I was on 150iu on CD3-8 with trigger on CD9 with three follies between 16mm and 20mm. Now let's hope all three didn't implant!

OMG daydream, you give us all hope! Wishing you so much luck and all good things!! :)

Curliegirlie :hugs: I only recently started talking about our troubles. It should only happen when YOU are ready but I know that not carrying around that secret was a big weight off my shoulders. Sorry about the BFN and the cyst. I hope May has all good things in store for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->