Gonal Girls

DancingDiva- The injections really aren't bad at all!! The needle is sooo tiny. It just feel like a tiny little pinch. I would recommend taking the meds out of the fridge a few minutes before you do your injection because it stings more if it's cold! You'll be a pro at it in no time.

Curliegirlie- That's okay! Turns out the pen administered the overfill! I got a little more than 100 iu extra out of it. The pen stopped one click below 50 iu. There's still a tiny little bit in the very top and I bet I could draw that out with another syringe if I wanted to.

Today is CD 6 for me and I had scan and bloodwork done. I'm responding really well to the meds this time, which is so nice after months of not responding to Clomid and Femara and Bravelle. I had a 13mm and 2 11mm follies and my lining is 7.9mm. My RE said that's all excellent and he's having me cut back to 50 iu over the weekend and I go back Monday! :thumbup:

Thank u all for your responses, I have no idea why they have put me on the two 150 units per day. I will update u all tomorrow on my progress with the first injection.

Hey just done my first injection and u were allright it was fine didn't even feel it one more to do later on.

I got used to the injections too DancingDiva, its only when you catch a nerve that supplies the skin is when it stings and thats what happened to me. Good luck with the rest of them, remind me again, how long are you on this regime?

I know alot of you don't read my journal but I thought I would post this question here too, just in case anyone here could advice:

I have absolutely no clue what to do, yesterday and today I noticed a pinkish tinge to my CM and I passed a very tiny little drop of fresh blood. I just went to the toilet now and its a little heavier literally when I wipe but it is pink tinged, quite dry mucus. Now do I start my injections and say this is day 1 of my period or do I wait it out and see if it gets heavier? It literally is a little discolouration, nothing heavy at all.
hmmmmmm what to do........

Hi Ladies!

Dancing Diva - Glad you are getting through the injections. Once you get the hang of it, its not too bad.

Norah Battie - how many DPO are you?

I am CD 13 today. I've been taking 150ml follitism every other day since CD5. I am due to ovulate on left side (blocked) so I am really hoping I have some big eggs on the right side too to give me a chance this month. I have a doc app tomorrow so fingers crossed and BDing like mad!

Sending positive vibes to all of you. Lets stick together!! Keep me posted everyone

Xxxx

Hey ladies!!! I have a long update but I got to be brief! Anywho, I had a scan today and had 13mm follies and like 4 other ones and my e2 is up to 586 :) that's where I am at now! I go bk in tusday for more bloodwork and u/s.

Hey ladies,

Thats me 5 injections down now and nothing to worry about I am a pro at them now lol.

I started my injections on CD3 and I have my first scan tomorrow CD6 to check follies and just awaiting the next set of instructions as to dose etc.

I know alot of you don't read my journal but I thought I would post this question here too, just in case anyone here could advice:

I have absolutely no clue what to do, yesterday and today I noticed a pinkish tinge to my CM and I passed a very tiny little drop of fresh blood. I just went to the toilet now and its a little heavier literally when I wipe but it is pink tinged, quite dry mucus. Now do I start my injections and say this is day 1 of my period or do I wait it out and see if it gets heavier? It literally is a little discolouration, nothing heavy at all.
hmmmmmm what to do........

Hey Norah Battie

I was always told that it has to be heavy before I could count it as day one however I know everyone gets told different things on here. If it was me I would leave it until it gets heavier before counting it as day 1.

gaijin- Hope you find some good size follies on your right side!

Chiles- That is fantastic news!! It seems like this cycle is turning around for you! I can't wait to see your update tomorrow.

DancingDiva- Best of luck at your scan! I hope you see some nice follies growing!

As for me, today is CD 9 and I had scan and bw this morning. I have three follies all on my left side: 18mm, 16mm, and 14mm. There's also a 12mm on my right, but that one doesn't seem like a contender. My lining is "phenomenal" in the words of my RE at 15mm with the triple stripe pattern. :happydance:No Follistim for me tonight. I go back tomorrow morning and my RE said I will trigger then. We're not doing IUI so looks like DH and I have lots of BDing to do over the next few days!

I'm ready super early this cycle and I'm thinking it has to do with the fact that I've lost 30 lbs since my last injectables cycle! :thumbup:

Chiles that is amazing news, fingers crossed that 13mm is going to be a mature folly, hope it works for you...i hate this rollercoaster of emotions

DD - good luck for the scan, I hope it goes well for you, do let us know what happens

Wanting2010 - how did you manage to lose 30lbs??? i need to lose weight so badly but I seem to be toning and remaining pretty stagnant with my weight loss, I need to stop eating. Good news re: scan results, how did you manage to get to 15mm lining in such a short time??

Seems like its been a bit of a good news on scan fronts at the moment

afm: bleeding has now stopped, well this evening but was a little more pinkish this morning, who knows what is going on, I am going to wait it out for heavier AF before starting injections

Good luck everyone
N
xxx

Crap crap crap. 2.3cm cyst on one side and a small one on the other. So no stims for me. I am going to Philly at the end of may so I'd have to miss 2 cycles which I don't want to do. New plan, us Monday to see if I'm growing a follicle despite the cysts then do an unmedicated cycle. If that doesn't work I'd have to skip a cycle anyway for ivf so... Now if I don't grow a follicle... And I have to skip this cycle entirely.. I'm pondering skipping the trip home. Tickets were pretty cheap and al though I know my parents would be sad, I think id just stress the whole time about how I should be cycling etc. I'm 39, I don't have time to step back and just take months off.

norahbattie- Thanks hon. I lost weight by counting calories and working out. I still have more to lose, but I'm waiting to see the outcome of this cycle because I didn't want to stress myself out trying to lose weight while doing fertility treatments. I use a website called My Fitness Pal to log my foods and it keeps track of my calories- very easy and very handy!

As for my lining... I have no idea!! It has never been this thick. It was 7.9mm on Friday, CD 6, so it almost doubled over the weekend! I haven't done anything special for it.

What CD are you on? I would say that it would probably be a good idea to wait for a heavier AF before starting injections. You never know- your follies may have grown on their own and you could be having IB right now!

drsquid- So sorry about the cyst! I hope you'll not have to take too much time off.

Sorry I been a little haywire lately....So much is going on at once right now. I do have another appointment in the a.m. and I will do my long update then with this cycle e'2s and everything else :). Just wanted to stop in and say good Luck to you all with this cycle. I have been so careless this cycle and started not care at all...and still don't whatever happens, happens. Well ladies I will chit chat tomorrow, promise!!!!

Hey all!

Went to the docs today and I have an 18mm on right side and 24mm on left side which means I am in with a chance.

Wanting 2010 - wow fab news on your lining!!

Chiles - thinking of you x

Dr Squid - I hope you are okay.

Norah Battie - keep us posted on the spotting

I will be taking progesterone for the first time from day 16. Has anyone else experienced this? Any side effects?

POSITIVES VIBES PEEPS xxxxxxx

gaijin=- the progesterone is horrible, you feel tired, sore boobs, queasy etc. completely convinced you are pregnant. no point in symptom spotting,. you have them all. i didnt find the "leakage" to be that bad. used a liner when i remembered.

just feeling miserable today..

Today e2 is 1129!!! I have 19mm, 15mm, 14mm, 12mm, and a few 10mm. And I am still on the meds. (Yikes) I have another appt thursday. Which will the "hopefully" be the day we will trigger. I love that my RE is being so aggressive this cycle :) I will be on later 2night. Is anyone else having their e2 checked?

Hey ladies,

Scan went well, lining is great, I have 6 follies on right 1 @ 11mm, 3 @ 10mm, 1 @ 9mm, left ovary 2 @ 9mm and 1 @ 8mm so they are pleased and everything is gong the way they expect it to so im pleased. Im back on Friday and hoping they have matured and I can get trigger shot on saturday and egg collection on Monday.

Hello ladies,
Hope you all are well, I am so glad your E2 is going up and up Chiles, sounds very promising indeed. DD, 6 follies 4 days after starting injections sounds good, are you having IVF? Where abouts are you having this?
I hope you are feeling better today drsquid

Wanting2010 - I really hope that you may be right that it may have been IB, I doubt it though and it was probably some intermenstrual bleeding from withdrawal of the gonal F. I had immense pain on the 16th that felt like I had another cyst (had a 4.5 cm on my left ovary a while ago) and had to go to bed due to the pain, didn't take any painkillers but did feel very bad with it. I actually POAS on a OPK at the time and it came up with 2 bright pink lines, never really happened before so I may have ovulated who knows...I am hoping the obgyn was wrong when she was scanning me.

So basically break down:
March 30th - AF arrived
75iu of gonal F daily for 12 days from 31st of March
Last gonal F on 11th May after follies only got to 8mm with no change on scans throughout
Intense pain on 16th May (day 18) around 11pm - POAS on OPK and strongly positive
spotting on day 22 to 27 with it being pink tinged for the first 4 days and a little heavier as the day progressed but still not requiring any panty protection and only occurring when I wiped. Had a pin size blood spot on the 4th day of spotting and now having brown tinged CM when I wipe on and off - mainly off
I feel nauseated and boobies feel quite heavy today and over the last 2 days, I have been sleeping at the drop of a hat. I definitely know I am not pregnant as I poas this morning (i am a poas-holic)

So this brings us to the present day - around day 9 dpo and waiting it out with my gonal F at the ready to start the next cycle.

norah- fingers crossed for ya (either way) . i have my gonal f waiting in the fridge but.. wheee cysts so no meds for me =(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->