Gonal Girls

I had 7 mature follicles and alot not far behind those...My RE wanted me to convert to IVF which I didnt have that option either. My cycle was cancelled. We may have had sex like the day before or so my cycle was cancelled or even the day after but I never ovulated on my own until then...And I am only having one baby. I was so scared though because of the risk of etopic or super twins but it all worked out. And we honestly didnt think it would happen at all

I had 7 mature follicles and alot not far behind those...My RE wanted me to convert to IVF which I didnt have that option either. My cycle was cancelled. We may have had sex like the day before or so my cycle was cancelled or even the day after but I never ovulated on my own until then...And I am only having one baby. I was so scared though because of the risk of etopic or super twins but it all worked out. And we honestly didnt think it would happen at all

Well that is good to hear! Only problem is that I'm single and doing this with donor sperm. So if they cancel my cycle, I'm cooked :( Plus I'll waste all my :spermy: since I'm in Canada this month, and won't be able to take it back to the states with me. :nope:

I hope everything pans out and you get your bfp!!!! Keep us updated!!!

alicatt- fingers crossed for you, im single too. have you spoken to them about selective reduction, are you willing to do it if it came to that? (or think you would be... cause i was pretty sure i could but when it theoretically reared its head it was a lot harder to consider... so it is hard to REALLY know).

alicatt- fingers crossed for you, im single too. have you spoken to them about selective reduction, are you willing to do it if it came to that? (or think you would be... cause i was pretty sure i could but when it theoretically reared its head it was a lot harder to consider... so it is hard to REALLY know).

What is selective reduction? I have heard that they can go up there and remove some of the follicles before you do the IUI if you end up with too many. Or do you mean after implantation? Taking one (or more) out if I end up with too many? I think I could easily do the first option, but the second one would be hard to do. Although, having 3+ babies as a single mom would be difficult! I would love to have twins. I guess it is one of those things that I would deal with one way or the other if it ever happened?

Alicatt- I had to go up from 75 - I don't remember what the magic dose was (I think 150 gonal-f and 75 luveris)

Are you doing your treatments in Canada?

well both are options. chiles was offered the option of follicle reduction so she can likely tell you more about that. heh it is funny, twins were my fear... and look what happened =)

Alicatt- I had to go up from 75 - I don't remember what the magic dose was (I think 150 gonal-f and 75 luveris)

Well this month I am. I am in Canada for 6-7 weeks and figured I would see if I couldn't continue my treatment while I was here. As soon as my IUIs are done, I will be heading back to the States. In fact I have had to extend my stay by a few days to squeeze them in. I just hope my boss is OK with my delay!! What is Luveris? Is it another name for the LH/FSH combination like Menopur?

well both are options. chiles was offered the option of follicle reduction so she can likely tell you more about that. heh it is funny, twins were my fear... and look what happened =)

Interesting! I am not sure that they offer the follicle reduction thing here, but you never know! I just need to wait until Wednesday and I'll know what we are dealing with. Ugh this wait is almost as bad as the 2WW! :haha: Seems like I'm always waiting. Groan.

Yep! You have twins on the way! Do you have family/friends to help support you? Did you use frozen donor sperm? I'm excited for you!!!

Follicle reduction they numb the vagina and go up in there with a small needle and aspirate the follicles to minimize the mature ones and the ones close to being mature. I freaked out at the last minute and said no. And when I mean the last minute I was maybe one minute away from having the procedure.

Follicle reduction they numb the vagina and go up in there with a small needle and aspirate the follicles to minimize the mature ones and the ones close to being mature. I freaked out at the last minute and said no. And when I mean the last minute I was maybe one minute away from having the procedure.

Oh my! That is definitely last minute! How many did you have? Was that the cycle you got pregnant?

all together i had like 15 follicles....and yes thats the cycle I got pregnant.

all together i had like 15 follicles....and yes thats the cycle I got pregnant.

WOW! That is wild, and only 1 of them took! Well I hope I have the same, just 36 hours until I find out!

kinda of bad odds I know....But only 7 were over 15mm

kinda of bad odds I know....But only 7 were over 15mm

How many were over 18? I think that is the cutoff for if they are mature. At least how many had the potential of being over 18 by the time you O'd? Maybe you only had 3-4 of that size?

This time tomorrow I will know whether I have any follicles!

Well this month I am. I am in Canada for 6-7 weeks and figured I would see if I couldn't continue my treatment while I was here. As soon as my IUIs are done, I will be heading back to the States. In fact I have had to extend my stay by a few days to squeeze them in. I just hope my boss is OK with my delay!! What is Luveris? Is it another name for the LH/FSH combination like Menopur?

Luveris is just LH... As far as I can tell, I am the only one in this group who had the gonal-f/Luveris combo.

Luveris is just LH... As far as I can tell, I am the only one in this group who had the gonal-f/Luveris combo.

That is interesting. Never heard of it! I guess your Dr likes to have more control over the ratio between LH and FSH. Mine just added Menopur which has both in it already. I figure that as long as it works, I will do what they say! GL!

Allicat- there was maybe 3 that were over 18...don't quote me on that.

Allicat- there was maybe 3 that were over 18...don't quote me on that.

WOW, and they cancelled your IUI for that? Oh well, it doesn't matter anymore because you got pregnant :) :) :)

Now it is my turn.. hehe.. at least I hope it is!

:hi: ladies I hope that everyone is well?
sending plenty of baby :dust:

I have my scan on the 14th to check wether this cyst has gone so I can get going with my second cycle so fx'd hoping my af is here by then too so hopefully I can get going again :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->