Good medicines for colds

coz

Mummy to 2 boys
Reaction score
Anyone know any good things to use to keep charlies nose unblocked at night hes waking roughly every 30 mins which is probly due to his cold ?

Sorry dont have a great answer.

We're going to try one of those vicks type plug in's (boots has a whole range)when LO is 3 months as he gets the worst visits from the boogyman!

Vicks plug in... Saline drops in the nose, and then use a suction bulb to get the boogers out, and infant tylenol. That is about all you can give, there is no cold medicine now for babies, at least here there isnt due to safety risks. The tylenol may help with some pain and aches and any headach he may have from the cold...

But tbh, you may just have to live with a couple hard nights :( I know it is sad to see our LO's suffer, but the cold will run its course.

Lexie is full of a cold. But cause she is only 2 weeks old there is nothing I can give her except Nasosal (Saline nose drops). It's for newborns. But aswell as that, I've put some Snuffle babe on a tissue and pinned it onto her moses basket so it's hanging above her, so she breathes it in. Cause you can't put any on their chest until they're 3 months. It seems to be working as she doesn't sound as snuffly. x

Snuffle Babe is good although when I ran out I used vaseline with a tiny bit of vix in it on a muslin and put in his cot - basically the same as Snuffle Babe.

ive got some snuffle babe but doesnt seem to helping much, OH has just been out and got a room vapour pot so i will try that tonight and see if that helps was quiet expensive though xx

I tilt my baby's crib by putting a thick book under one end and it really seems to help. (Head higher than feet.) Also vicks vaporub on his sleeping bag.

I was given a tip by a midwife who said to feed him in a steamy environment like in the bathroom with a hot shower running; I don't think it did much good for my baby but worth a go anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->