Good news travels fast!!

izzlesnizzle

Reaction score
Nothing like pregnancy news to travel round at the rate of knots. One of my mates at work was asking why i was so tired all the time and looking at me with a knowing look. So i caved in, in a quiet voice and said yep im pregnant. Next thing she threw her arms around me in the middle of the unit with a big loud voice saying oh im so pleased for u. Cue another 10 people seeing the drama and finding out while i instantly felt guilty for spilling the beans so early. Some of those people i would never have told so soon before some of my family even know! Now i have people coming up to me all the time saying oh i heard you're pregnant and asking annoying questions like was it planned?

Next we were waiting for xmas day to tell my nieces and nephews, but no, my little niece came up to me yesterday and said with a huge smile on her face "are you having a boy or a girl?". We havent even had the 12 week scan yet and wanted to wait for that until the kids found out.

Anyone else had blabbermouth people you think you can trust spilling the beans before you're ready for the whole world to know?

Yep! Told my boss in confidence, who the told the other managers, who then had a very open discussion a few days later in the middle of the bar and a friend of my OH overheard! I'm pretty sure most people at work know (its quite funny seeing them pretend they don't!) And my mum can't help herself. Although she denies it, i'm pretty sure she's blabbed to everyone. Grrr.

Thing is, i haven't told my Dad yet (scary - even though i'm 30). I don't mind who kows after he does :)

x

My OH has done really well and not told anyone up until now and as ive just turned 12 weeks he told his boss as he wanted time off to come to the first midwife appt with me and she text him that night saying "dont worry i wont tell anyone" then the very next day she blatantly asked him infront of other people "how did the appt with the midwife go?"!!!

Oh my lord! Some people just don't get it :) Everyone's been quite discreet with me but i'm sure they've all told at least one person in confidence, each. Which means most people i know, know. Kinda takes the magic out of announcing it doesn't it?! So now i'm really paranoid too. I'm convinced everyone is looking at my tummy :wacko: One young girl last night asked me, very casually 'so Anna, do you think you and your guy might have a baby one day soon?' She's a lovely girl but not the brightest button.

She was trying to get you to tell her!

The thing i was most surprised about was i did the test one evening and it was a BFP. Went into work next morning having not told anyone but my OH and best friend (who doesnt work at the same place) and someone said to me more or less straight away "you're pregnant arent u?" I was so shocked that someone had been so intuitive and guessed and this was before the ms sickness and tiredness started and i felt completely normal.

I had one of those! A girl at work - she just knew! I didn't mind telling her, i was just quite impressed by her apparent intuition! And it was kinda nice to say it out loud to someoe that wasn't my OH :happydance:

My mom! Of all people, you'd think your own mother could be trusted ha ha! She has "let is slip" to almost my whole family.' oh well, I'm not angry. It'll be her first grandchild and she is so excited. After a miscarriage, I though it would make s all more nervous, and although it has, it's made us all way more excited too!

i know the feeling, my dads been telling everyone and im trying to say shhhhhh dad!! i dont want people knowing til 12 weeks, theres only my boss at work knows thank god byut am sure they will all wonder why im not on the unit now and stuck on reception, my reply will be bad back lol xx

i learned my lesson with sharing personal info and it spreading before getting pregnant. there's a lady at my work who's friendly and easy to talk to, sort of like a mom figure, and i really needed to talk to someone about our fertility issues and the stress it caused, etc. well, she pretty much told everyone! i was shocked...how much more personal can a medical condition get??!! and she would keep asking probing questions. finally i had to tell her i refused to talk to anyone about it any more (which was true!), but she still asks regularly. i guess the up-side of that is i could easily blame all my pregnancy-related issues (tired, bloated, sick, staying home some days) on the fertility drugs and no one would question anything. i did tell one girl at work i was pregnant, only because she was too, and only a couple weeks ahead of me. she made the mistake of talking to the secretary about it, due to work-issues, and then the entire department knew she was pregnant (at like 6-7 weeks, when she wanted to wait til 2nd trimester). i also told my sister, because i needed someone i could ask questions/discuss things with, and while i don't think she told anyone, she talked about it on the phone without much discretion. oh well.

yep... definitely feel this thread lol... i've told 3 people at work and now all the rest of my coworkers make little comments here and there, how are you feeling? why aren't you drinking (i work at a bar), with a smile on their face... etc.. good news does travel at light speed...
it is rather funny tho the people you can tell that really want to say something but wont.. ahhh life is fun lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->