Got a little predicament.

enigma

mum of 3 nearly 4.
Reaction score
Right, my due date is 22nd feb, but will go in a week early (exact week is 15th, sunday, so would most likely be monday 16th).

This is my predicament, my kids will be on their spring have term then so that will cause a few problems.

It will be much easier if they are at school then i can have my hubby at my beck and call, i dont have anyone who would watch them for me.

So im thinking of seeing if they will take me in either a week earlier or a week later, which will be on my actual due date.

Do you think they will go for this, im not thinking they will, but it needs to be convenient for me and this would work much better.

Is there a medical reason why you are going in a week early?

I'm not sure if they would or not, depends on their appts & schedule I suppose, but of course, there's no harm in asking! Would probably be best to do that asap, before they get too many other bookings or whatnot. Hope it all works out for you!

Is there a medical reason why you are going in a week early?

I'll be having a section and they tend to take you in a week early.

Im going to ask anyway, ill just explain that if i get any inclings of labour ill be there like a shot, hospitals only 10 minutes away anyway.

Ill ask about it when i go for my next scan as that will be my next midwife appointment, see what they say.

good idea, maybe if you explain your situation they may be accomodating. Good luck!

You cant go in a week early! Then youll have your bubs before me!! haha

have you thought about those all day kids clubs - it will keep the kids occupied in the day and tiered at night so hubby wont be run off his feet between you and the kids.

You cant go in a week early! Then youll have your bubs before me!! haha

Lolol, well im trying to make it week later, im sure they'll go for this option rather that a week earlier.
So if i get my own way (and im going to try damn hard too) then my baby will be born on the 21st, then all you have to do is have you baby a day early, lol.

have you thought about those all day kids clubs - it will keep the kids occupied in the day and tiered at night so hubby wont be run off his feet between you and the kids.

I hadent thought about that, but im thinking they wont be free, and my hubby is self employed, so wont get paid for any time off, leaving money a little short around that time.
Ill have a look into it though if they arnt willing to let me go later, apart form that, ill just have to beg my mum and dad and promise to them something nice for doing it, lol.

You've got loads of time to sort them out...especially if you know the date you're going in. Try and pair them up with best friends and see if their parents will have them for you...you could have their kids once a week or so for tea on the run up "to repay" the favour in advance:happydance:

You've got loads of time to sort them out...especially if you know the date you're going in. Try and pair them up with best friends and see if their parents will have them for you...you could have their kids once a week or so for tea on the run up "to repay" the favour in advance:happydance:

It would be much easier, if just for this year, the schools would change their holidays around, just for little old me, lol.
Ill see whats what, im just at that initial 'panic' stage because i had it all worked out, i should have known something would happen to scuffer my plans.

Aww babe, it'll all work out....it always does, somehow:hugs:

Try not to panic:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"