got asked a VERY different question today, may upset.

Kristin52

Reaction score
I was talking to a bunch of ladies today at a group.
We were talking about our children and such and got around the topic of miscarriages.

I have had 3. Very upsetting but I honestly believe in everything happens for a reason.
Anywho, a lady was saying about all of the tests we receive or have available to us during pregnancy. And she said, "would you take a test to see if you would miscarry?"

Honestly, that made me really think about it. I don't think I would because I don't think I would want to know. But on the other hand, I don't know.

What do you think?

Hope this doesn't offend anyone, just waned to share and ask as I never even thought of that.

Absolutely. I spent my whole first trimester and half my second a nervous wreck. My miscarriage and chemical put me in a deep depression for nearly 7 months. I hope I never go there again.

yeah i would so i dont keep my hopes up too long only to have them crushed later on

A Doppler scan early in pregnancy gives a pretty good indicator of whether a pregnancy will continue or not, though they don't do them early in pregnancy anymore as the risks of heating around the baby outweigh the benefits. I had it when pregnant with my eldest. There are also some blood tears for HCG levels which if done over a few days can give a pretty good idea. I'm not sure whether I'd rather know or not, with my worst miscarriage I had a hunch something wasn't right from the start but nothing obvious indicated that. I just got a feeling I would miscarry and kept saying it to my friends. I don't know if I would have rather have had forewarning that yes this would definitely happen xx

I would, after my losses it would have been a nice piece of mind. However it would drive you mad waiting for it to happen!! But I would still like to know.

I definitely would. I've miscarried and I had no idea it was coming, and didn't think it would happen to me. I'm not a fan of surprises, especially bad ones, so yes I would totally take a test to see if I would miscarry.

Hmmm, I honestly don't know what answer I would give! I'd need to think long and hard...

XxX

I would absolutely take that test. I'd be miserable if I received a non-viable result, but at least I'd know. If I knew my baby was going to live, I could be enjoying this pregnancy way more than I am now.

Happily, I'm a control freak, not knowing things upsets me :). Xx

I would take a test, but I'd still carry as long as I could. Tests are known to be wrong then it would be a happy surprise.

I've miscarried in the past and no, I don't think I'd want to know. If it said I would miscarry I would just spend the entire time waiting for it to happen which wouldn't be healthy for me. Miscarriage is awful but I wouldn't want to know in advance.

No I wouldn't. Whatever is going to happen is going to happen, I try not to think about it and just hope everything will be ok. If it came back saying I was it would be horrible just sitting around waiting for it to happen. I have had one miscarriage and I knew it was going to happen before it did because we had an u/s and it showed I wasn't nearly as far as I should have been so they tested my levels and they didn't rise like they should. It took a few days after finding out to actually miscarriage and it was just awful waiting

Hmm I'm not sure. Like other ladies said, it would be horrible KNOWING you're going to miscarry and still having to wait for when. But, on the other hand it would be nice to know if I WASN'T going to miscarry so I could enjoy my pregnancy to the fullest. My first tri, I was a nervous, emotional wreck worrying all of the time. At one point, I was bleeding heavily with clots and all and I just "knew" I was miscarrying and it was one of the lowest times of my life! When I actually didn't miscarry at all!

definitely would. i bled for 4 weeks in my first tri with my LO, I kept thinking i would lose her

No I wouldn't. What if the answer were that I would/likely would miscarry? Then what? Termination? Waiting for the inevitable to happen?

I'd rather wait and see.

Yes!! Even with early ultrasounds showing a strong heart beat I was still a nervous wreck the whole pregnancy due to random bleeding throughout the entire pregnancy and my paranoid personality. If I had known I could have relaxed and enjoyed it! It would be horrible to find out that you will miscarry, but it is going to be horrible whether you know or not. I feel like if you know it will happen the blow wouldn't be as bad as if you didn't know...so you just do most of your suffering before rather than after if that makes sense.

I definitely wouldn't. For one thing, I seriously doubt that any test could be inclusive enough to eliminate all chance of miscarriage. How awful would it be to be told you were fine and then miscarry anyway? My other reason is that if it was positive for miscarriage I would be a nervous wreck. There is absolutely no way I'd let them terminate it as no test is 100% accurate. I've had two miscarriages, and they were devastating enough without walking around waiting for it to happen.

And on that note I'm going to go cuddle my little rainbow baby. Thinking about miscarriages always makes me so greatful to have my daughter.

I don't think I would. I wouldn't want to know in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->