got asked a VERY different question today, may upset.

what kind of a test would it be though? I also don't think it would be able to be particularly accurate and to be perfectly honest I don't think I would have it. losses can sadly happen right the way to the end of pregnancy, and I doubt this test would pre-warn you of that...I think if you had the test, it told you you wouldn't miscarry and then you lost the baby a bit later on, you'd feel cheated.

I wouldn't! I just think being reassured I wasn't gonna miscarry would be great but that would never fully stop me worrying! It's not like it would flick a switch and I'd enjoy the rest of the pregnancy tbh. I'm such a worrier anyways as I was so nervous about everything during my pregnancy xx

I don't think I would no. Like a pp said, what would you do if it said you would miscarry? Would you just wait for it to happen or end the pregnancy sooner? I had a MMC which was horrid but I'm not sure it would have been any better to know beforehand :shrug:

I really can't see how a test could predict all losses anyway x

No i wouldnt as again repeating others i dont know what i would do if the answer was yes. and how much worse would it be if it said you wouldnt and then did later on down the line.

as hard as it is i think i would rather deal with it as it happens.

what kind of a test would it be though? I also don't think it would be able to be particularly accurate and to be perfectly honest I don't think I would have it. losses can sadly happen right the way to the end of pregnancy, and I doubt this test would pre-warn you of that...I think if you had the test, it told you you wouldn't miscarry and then you lost the baby a bit later on, you'd feel cheated.

This was exactly what I was thinking, would it be time limited till before 12 weeks, or right up until the end of the pregnancy.

I have never had a miscarrige so haven't felt that pain, but I don't think I would want to know, I would feel so angry at myself for not being able to hold the baby it would do far more damage to my psyci than just spontaniously miscarring. :hugs:

Hmm I'm not sure how I feel about them. I had an MMC and should have been 13 weeks but the little bean died at 5-6weeks. When I fell pregnant with LO I had scans at 7, 8, 10 and 13 weeks because I was a nervous wreck! But my philosophy is this - if I'm going to lose it I'm going to lose it. Giving me a test which says I will/won't wouldn't change the outcome. I'd still be heartbroken if I lost it and being foreworn wouldn't change that feeling. I will always request an early scan or pay £100 for a private one

:flow:

I wouldn't.

With Eva i had multiple growth scans at which they scared the bejesus out of us about discrepancies in leg length, head circumference, etc, for weeks on end, only for her to be born perfectLy proportioned, all be it small.

Basically I'm saying that I don't have the biggest amount of faith in medical science - if they were to offer such tests it could end in people terminating perfectly healthy pregnancies. I'd rather let nature take it's course, however hard that may be!

No, I'd rather deal with it as and when that happens rather than wait for the impending day :(

Hmm, had to think about this one. I think probably no for me. There are enough things that can go wrong in 1st tri that I think any such test would really only give me a limited peace of mind. I hated first tri for that reason. :(

yes, ive been through one already, and woyldnt want the element of surprise again

I've been through eleven miscarriages and two stillbirths., and my answer is no. Firstly it wouldnt change anything, it wouldnt prevent it from happening so all it would do is darken any little bit of happiness and hope that I have but also because just because a test says no I wont miscarry, doesnt mean I wont as a heartbeat can just stop at any gestation for no (known) reason, so it could never predict that. And finally, because even if a test said I wasnt going to have a miscarriage, I could very well still have a stillbirth.

I've been through eleven miscarriages and two stillbirths., and my answer is no. Firstly it wouldnt change anything, it wouldnt prevent it from happening so all it would do is darken any little bit of happiness and hope that I have but also because just because a test says no I wont miscarry, doesnt mean I wont as a heartbeat can just stop at any gestation for no (known) reason, so it could never predict that. And finally, because even if a test said I wasnt going to have a miscarriage, I could very well still have a stillbirth.

:hugs:

No i wouldn't because every baby no matter how tiny deserves to feel happiness and hope not dread.

I'm not sure.
I'd like to have that worry removed of course, but then, i'm not sure if i'd actually want to know IYKWIM?

Yes I would. Im not saying I wouldn't make the most of the baby or love it any less, I just would like to know that they won't be here forever xx

I don't know. I have had three miscarriages...one was a set of twins.....the idea sort of sounds appealing, if it was negative, but....what if it cam back positive for potenial miscarriage? What if that was a false positive? What if it nver happened for weeks? So, no. I wouldn't to know my death....nor my childs.

I wouldn't either.

What happens if its says you were tested to miscarry...but that day never came? Or if you tested to miscarry and the doctors want to force the issue, when in reality that day might not come?

Or what happens if the test says that you won't and happily continue in pregnancy only to be devasted later on when something happens?

It seems to grey of an area and a test like that wouldn't make me feel more reassured...it would just be an added worry IYKWIM?

I would personally rather wait and see what happens. You could literally end up torturing yourself...I'd be taking one every day!

I would. My mum had two miscarriages before she had me. She didn't enjoy her pregnancy at all. There's not a single picture of her pregnant with me. If she had known she wasn't going to miscarry again she could have relaxed a little and allowed herself to enjoy it.

Sorry girls. Didn't know where this got moved to.
I still, don't know what I would do.

And I don't know what kind of test it would be, it was just a question someone asked about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->