Got membranes stripped!

aflaspoehler

Baby number one!
Reaction score
They stripped my membranes today and I was dilated at a 2 I've read a lot of people go into labor after but this did nothing for me last time!

Doing mine tomorrow! I'm 90% efffaced and dilated to a 3 so hoping it kicks things off!
Fingers crossed for you :)

Got my 2nd tomorrow. Had my first 1 week ago :-(

Same here!

Do you have any idea how dilated and effaced you were the first time? I was only barely 2cm and 50-60% effaced so I'm hoping now that I've made some progress it might work. He also dropped three days ago and this is my second ,so Fx!

I got mine done today for the first time. I am 4 cm and 50% effaced. I get induced next tuesday if the little munchkin doesn't come by then.

I couldn't believe how much it hurt! Yikes! I'll be interested to see if it works for you ladies!

Oh you girls who are 50% or more effacing are lucky you will most likely go into labor faster, I'm only 10% so I probably won't. Good luck to all you ladies

Oh you girls who are 50% or more effacing are lucky you will most likely go into labor faster, I'm only 10% so I probably won't. Good luck to all you ladies

Well I think my last one really helped with helping my cervix make some nice progress, so in the least maybe it will help things in the right direction!

I think my membranes were stripped Friday and ever since I've been losing plug lots of it everyday so if it anything it's helped my cervix thin out more and possibly dilate I'll find out Thursday how much it's helped.

Same here!

Do you have any idea how dilated and effaced you were the first time? I was only barely 2cm and 50-60% effaced so I'm hoping now that I've made some progress it might work. He also dropped three days ago and this is my second ,so Fx!

They don't tend to use the term effaced here in the UK. I was told that I was 2cm dilated (I was only 1cm when induced with my first baby following spontaneous rupture of membranes) but that my cervix was favourable as it is very low and soft :shrug:I was also 3/5 engaged (2/5 palpable), but apparently it is common for 2nd babies to not engage until labour! I had a bloody show after the sweep, but then nothing much else happened. Fingers crossed for today!

Well I had contractions for about three hours ten minutes apart....and then they stopped. I still get one every half hour or so, but not labor like. So frustrated! Its only day one,but still. Was really hoping they would keep up. And they are totally real labor painful through the back and pelvis ones. Darn.

I had my sweep at 2 yesterday afternoon. 2cm dilated, 3/5ths engaged. Typically, 3 in the morning now & I've got some major back ache going on! Contractions are coming far & few between. Also just lost my plug...fingers crossed this is it!! X

Is it painful having membranes stripped? I didn't bother having a sweep with my first and not sure whether to this tine round if I go much further overdue

Is it painful having membranes stripped? I didn't bother having a sweep with my first and not sure whether to this tine round if I go much further overdue

It can be. I would describe it more as very uncomfortable, with the odd sharp pain that makes you wince a bit!

Well, for the past hour or so I've been getting regular (every 5 -10 minutes) what feel like strong menstrual cramps (with back ache) that are now coming with bump tightenings. Trying not to get too hopeful that yesterday's sweep worked, but these feel pretty real! Should I be concerned about the frequency do you think? I expected they'd be further apart? In the grand scheme of things they are still quite mild.:shrug:

Well, for the past hour or so I've been getting regular (every 5 -10 minutes) what feel like strong menstrual cramps (with back ache) that are now coming with bump tightenings. Trying not to get too hopeful that yesterday's sweep worked, but these feel pretty real! Should I be concerned about the frequency do you think? I expected they'd be further apart? In the grand scheme of things they are still quite mild.:shrug:

Mine were 10 mins apart exactly for about three hours, then slowly spaced out. Now nothing :( gonna try and go for a walk with DD today to get them back lol

I figure if I'm not yelling at DF to get me to a hospital, whether its labor or not, I'm good to stay home. Either it will get worse and ill "know" or it will die out again.

Though I'm GBS negative and kind of feel like worse case scenario,having a baby at home wouldn't be terrible. So I'm not super worried with it.

Heading to hospital shortly! Contractions now 3 minutes apart, lasting about 45 seconds and have been for several hours....just hope when I get there that I'm making progress and they don't send me home again!

Heading to hospital shortly! Contractions now 3 minutes apart, lasting about 45 seconds and have been for several hours....just hope when I get there that I'm making progress and they don't send me home again!

Yay! How exciting. Fingers crossed for you! Keep us updated :)

Wooohooo!! :thumbup: Hopefully this is it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->