Got my date to be induced............

bexxie

Reaction score
hey

Juts got back spent 2 hours on trace monitor as babe playing up:baby: little monkey.
TUESDAY

the midwife and consultant agreed straight away after looking at me that I would be induced on Tuesday at 8.30,I have to ring and check bed availabilty but hopefully. They said if my cervix is open then they will break my waters apprently it is 100% effaced now and 2cm's outer and 1cm's inner so should be enough to do at present state,and they can only break waters once an induction plan is underway so hence why not done before,if cannot break waters then prostin will be given.

I am so pleased to have a date but am so scared all of a sudden,is this normal,lol?

Thought I would let you all know and will be texting my text buddies so they can update

thanks bex

Thats great news hun, but i really hope you go on your own. I hated being induced and much prefferd going naturally so plenty of sex for you over the weekend if possible :lol:

xxxxxxxxxxx

Good on ya hun!!!

I found being induced wasn't so bad but i was only allowed to have the gel once a day .... (they induced me over 3 days)

Can't say i knew what it was like to have it any other way!

xxx

i got the gel at 10pm and started contracting 25 mins later and waters broke at 8am next morning then on the drip, the drip for me was hell im not gooid at pain but i just didnt like it :blush:

Hi hun great news on the induction!

One thing thoughm, it might be worrt asking if they can just use the gel/pesserys to get you going, as having your waters broken dont tend to spead your labour up but much and just make your contractions more painfull, so perhaos see if they can do that as a last resort.

I have a load of literature on this if your interested.

Thanks

Yes they have said I can have the prostin still if want,but they reckon will be quick (yeah right!) once waters gone.

I am to have 3 lots of that prostin every 6 hours then a drip or something,arrrr shitting it now

bex

Have a read hun, I found it really interesting, and can give you an idea of what to expect.
https://www.midwifery.org.uk/arm.htm

Glad there's an end in sight Bex. Not long to wait now.

Just remember this is a short time in your life and the end result will be worth it. You can get through whatever is thrown at you and at the end you'll have your little girl at last.

Don't be frightened :hugs:

awww yay!!! about time lol!!! best of luck hun!! :hugs:

aww thats great news hun good luck on the birth and lets hope baby doesnt take too long to make an appearance

spunky xxx

aw, thats great news hun :hugs: glad they finally gave you a date

well I hope bubs gives you a little shock over the weekend & we have some news sooner :dance: (I had to ask Tam if that was possible now lol)

Good luck Bexxie either way not long now :dance:

fab news!!! not long now!

Best of Luck!!

xx

lol @wobbs

yes could happen anytime but now i am thinking noooo dont as have to sort out all house stuff today and tom and daves birthday monday,oh and chloe has a party next week a swim one so have to get a card and stick fiver in that. But do you know what I cannot be arsed to do anything now i layed in til 9.40am on the pretext last lay-in,lol I am a lazy arse

bex

Awww now wouldn't Monday be nice :D

You do right ... sit back & take it easy I would do the bloody same from day 1 :rofl:

I was induced with madam, don't worry about it, the thing I liked was you are monitored start to finish, and so is buba. I am so excited for you.

Enjoy your last few days of peace and quiet! :hugs:

Good luck for tuesday bex. I didn't think the labour was any worse with the inductoin. I had one lot of prostin and then had waters broken about 7pm. Just as i was demanding epidural as mw said only 4 cm dilated and decided couldn't cope anymore, lo arrived just as they'd inserted drip incase bp dropped once epi done. (note to self must post in birth stories).

I barely slept on the monday night as i was excited as i knew lo should be born within 48hrs , but also nervous/bricking it about the birth due to spd, and both my other lo born with cord around neck and dd having to be resuscitated.

Will be thinking of you on tuesday and will try and keep up tto date on your progress but not online much at the mo as lo needs feeding a lot.

Take Care
Caroline. XXX

aww thanks caroline

and thanks everyone else who posted,am bricking it but sooo excited. Made the carry-cot up today for pram with the sheets and blankets and done moses again. Got her dress,tights and top sorted for coming home outfit. Kina will know which one.

Am just waiting now

b

How many days late is she now Bexxie?

Good luck tomorrow hun :hugs::headspin:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back