got told off by the midwife for asking the sex!!

As you pointed out she's paid or her professional opinions, not her personal ones. Someone should point this out to her.

Congratualtions on a little girl!

I think I would have slapped her, good on you for keeping your cool

Thats shocking! I would definatley complain about her, and if your not comfortable seeing her again you shouldnt have to. Me and my OH just found out the sex a few days ago and i was excited and posted it on facebook, and this woman who is my mams friend that i havnt seen for at least 10 years felt the need to put a rant up saying dont find out they wil get it wrong, you'll ruin the suprise blah,blah, blah (apperantly she is the authority cos she has 11 kids - needless to say i 'unfriended' her lol), but it really upset me - no congratulations, nothing. Seems that while your pregnant everyone thinks you wanna hear their opinion on eveything, which obviously we dont!!!!!:growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:

well that was very unprofessinal of her. haha

i found out the sex to, i couldnt stand waiting. and wondering what to buy

https://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev212ps___.png

eugh so what you wanted to know the sex ,shes not there to give you that kind of advice anyway so her opinion doesnt count! id say more ppl find out the sex these days anyway so let her go waste 10mins ranting on at alot of ppl each day!x

That's shocking! Although most of the staff I have dealt with ie sonographers and midwives etc have all said 'Oh it's great you're not finding out' which obvoiusly didn't bother us, but I wonder if they'd have expressed their opinions if we had found out!

How rude! I dont blame u hun for not wanting to see her again. Although im team yellow, I still think its entirely personal decision and nothing to do with her if you want to know or not. Its your baby and your decision. She shouldnt have interfered like that its very un professional.
Maybe ask to see someone different next time?
Oh and congrats on ur lil' girl!

Congrats on the :pink: bump!

Opinions are like your behind, everyone has one! Doesn't mean they should share them though!!

My midwife commented that "births are always a bit flat and not as special when you already know the sex". This was a couple of days before our private gender scan argh!!!
I found out so that i could start thinking of him as him (or her) and get organised, its a completely personal choice.

me thinks she's one of those people who is confused about what is just her own personal opinion and what is true:haha:

congrats on your baby girl:hugs:

Thanks everyone, I'm so glad I'm not alone in thinking she should have kept her personal opinion to herself :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->