Goverment confirms scrapping NHS direct.

Good old SNP? I dislike alex salmond but hes really good as he can be in regards to the NHS. Oh except for Nicola Sturgeon and her biased budgetting towards glasgow and neglecting the other cities.

I must admit i think the SNP have been good for scotland:thumbup:

I think theyre okay but i wouldnt vote for them as I dont want scotland to be independant lol.

I think theyre okay but i wouldnt vote for them as I dont want scotland to be independant lol.

I'm still not sure about independance but i'm more than happy to have SNP in power, they really have scottish interests at the forefront of their minds. I don't think Alex Samond is really pushing for independance now

I think Scotland would very quickly suffer if it did go I dependent as there isn't really a big enough capita to support it. I so want to move to Scotland. Just as soon as we have enough capital for a deposit we'll be looking for jobs there. I'd love to work at SAMS in Oban. Sigh....

I think Scotland would very quickly suffer if it did go I dependent as there isn't really a big enough capita to support it. I so want to move to Scotland. Just as soon as we have enough capital for a deposit we'll be looking for jobs there. I'd love to work at SAMS in Oban. Sigh....

Oban's nice - very different from Manchester :haha:

so shocked that they would actually consider scapping this. i use it all the time and it is so helpful!

the number of ambulances being called out are going to go up. whereas, if NHS direct was still avaliable, people would be able to know what to do and not panic and phone an ambulance.

im really angry about them stopping this service. it has been so handy and it's good to know that it is always there.

surely hospitals and GP's surgerys are going to be much busier places now. don't they see that? :shrug:

There seems to be some backtracking:
https://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2010/sep/09/nhs-direct-closure-health-politics

I called nhs direct today and they were rubbish. I have kidney stones and was suffering from renal colic (i think that's what it's called) - a textbook case at that. I was writhing with pain, balling my eyes out and couldn't get up off the floor while i was alone with albert. Their advice? Walk to the shop and get some paracetamol :shock:

I saw the doctor who said that was terrible and she thinks the helpline is a massive waste of money. I'm now under strict orders to call out of hours to get a doc out. Nice to see a doctor that believes in the 'old fashioned' way!

Every NHS scheme is going to have some shit people who don't help but I think on the whole NHS24 was great it helped alot of people including me.

My mum worked for NHS24 for quite a while, the nurses are very well trained xxx

The government have got their priorities backwards. They need to put MORE in the NHS and less on benefits such as JSA, but that's just my opinion!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->