Greasy hair remedy?

SpringCrane

Reaction score
Since becoming pregnant, my hair has been very greasy/oily. I usually let my hair air dry, and by the time it's totally dry it's already quite greasy. I have thick, straight hair, and I've never dealt with this before. It looks like I haven't washed my hair in a week when I just did a few hours ago. Are there any products or specific shampoos that'll help? I'm in the US if it matters for brands/stores.

My hair has been getting quite greasy too. I unfortunately don't know how to remedy it. Have you tried blow drying your hair instead? Idk if that would help at all; I air dry mine as well.

There's gotta be some kind of special shampoo for really greasy hair that you could use. I bet Herbal Essences makes some, they have a shampoo for like every kind of hair type!

When I have buildup, and you won't believe it, but suave makes a daily clarifying shampoo that fixes it in one wash, maybe two. I don't know if it will keep you from making oil, but it will strip you down to bare hair every couple days and maybe help you not notice so much. It's cheap, worth a try. It's blue.

How about a dry shampoo for between washes? Should help soak up extra oil.

My hair is more oily now too. It's a pain.

My hair has been getting quite greasy too. I unfortunately don't know how to remedy it. Have you tried blow drying your hair instead? Idk if that would help at all; I air dry mine as well.

There's gotta be some kind of special shampoo for really greasy hair that you could use. I bet Herbal Essences makes some, they have a shampoo for like every kind of hair type!

I'm glad I'm not the only one! This didn't happen last pregnancy, so I wasn't sure if maybe I was mistakenly relating it to pregnancy. I was thinking of perusing the shampoo aisle at Target to see what's out there. They do seem to make shampoo for every imaginable hair type... maybe there's a you're-pregnant-and-your-hair-is-greasy version :)

When I have buildup, and you won't believe it, but suave makes a daily clarifying shampoo that fixes it in one wash, maybe two. I don't know if it will keep you from making oil, but it will strip you down to bare hair every couple days and maybe help you not notice so much. It's cheap, worth a try. It's blue.

Thanks for the recommendation! I'll look for it.

In the UK we have a shampoo called vosene it's a medicated shampoo for dandruf and smells awful but helps my hair stay cleaner looking for longer. Also try and limit the amount of conditioner to just the ends of your hair. I find if I just blow dry my roots and let the rest of my hair dry that can also help.

I had pretty oily hair anyways but it's awful now I'm pregnant. Not nice when you already feel awful I know.

The human body ay, both amazing and down right inconvenient

Xx

I never knew pregnancy could cause oily hair, I just thought it was my new moisturizing shampoo! :haha: Suave clarifying shampoo is awesome, definitely going out tonight to get some.

Yes, keep your conditioner on the ends and off the roots!! I didn't think to say it but that's definitely a good one!!

Sorry, I can't help, but I need to gloat about my best pregnancy symptom - I've gone from having to wash my greasy hair every other day, to now washing it every 4th or even 5th day if I use a dry conditioner, it's great!

Thanks for all the advice, ladies! Out of habit, I already use just a small amount of conditioner and just on the ends. I tried a dry shampoo that's supposed to soak up the oil, but it doesn't seem to help (and the smell is a little too strong for my pregnant nose =/). Besides, it's immediately oily, not just between washes, unfortunately. I'll try a quick blow-dry and a clarifying shampoo, and we'll see how that goes!

And good for you, Leilani! Sometimes the pregnancy gods do smile down on us!

Baby's talc actually does the same thing as dry shampoo, my mum's sworn by it for years. Put a bit on roots rub in and brush thru just like dry shampoo. May also help with the smell ur struggling with x

Sometimes I use baby powder, it smells better than those dry shampoos and kinda the same concept

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->