Groin pain

Js32313

Reaction score
I have had tons of issues with my pelvis since about 20 weeks. I am 34 weeks now. Today my groin is horrible. I feel like someone beat me up down there with a bat or like I lifted way to much weight and my muscles are killing me. It is so hard to walk especially after I first stand up. Does anyone have this? Does this mean anything or just more normal pregnancy pain?

Hi I am feelings exactly the same, I feel like i can't walk at all. I don't see my midwife for another week, but feel like its unbearable at the moment. I wear my support belt daily which i feel takes off some of the pressure and try to rest as much as I can. Being my first baby I would love to know if its normal, so open to any advice too xx

I had that too with my 3rd. It didn't go away until she evacuated the premises, unfortunately. Now she's just a pain in my ass. ;) A beautiful, blessed, pain in my ass. :)

I have that this time around, I believe it's known as spd;)

Did you Dr or Midwife send you for Physio?

I go to pregnancy yoga, she just talked to me about keeping knees together as much as i can, such as legs together when getting out of thr bed, car.
Sitting down to put on clothes

Unfortunately it's totally normal. Man, the pain I feel just rolling over in bed is crazy.

JoHio - I sent my lo an evacuation notice and it seems like he/she is not getting the hint.

Did yours just get worse over time? I have had issues but today I woke up and it just seems so much worse. I have been on my feet more the last few days then normal so don't know if that is making it worse. I only have 4 weeks to go as they are not letting me go past 39 weeks but it is going to be a tough 4 weeks like this. Every time I stand up I am in so much pain. Could he have dropped to make it worse? I feel like I have been bashed in pelvis and groin with a bat. It hasn't been this bad before.

Did yours just get worse over time? I have had issues but today I woke up and it just seems so much worse. I have been on my feet more the last few days then normal so don't know if that is making it worse. I only have 4 weeks to go as they are not letting me go past 39 weeks but it is going to be a tough 4 weeks like this. Every time I stand up I am in so much pain. Could he have dropped to make it worse? I feel like I have been bashed in pelvis and groin with a bat. It hasn't been this bad before.

I know mine has eased up a bit. I am not working so I am able to get rest...not sure if that has helped it.

I have this too, my midwife told me it's a common symptom of SPD.. Because the hip pain just wasn't fun enough?! My groin pain started the day my DH had to go into hospital for an op on his leg & I was sitting all day. I thought I was just bruised or something & it would ease off, but it didn't :(

My MW refuses to refer me to physio, as apparently it is no use. Thanks! But she did tell me to make sure I keep my legs together when I can - So getting in & out of cars etc. She also told me that when I wake up in the morning, to lie on my back & bring my knees up as close to my chest as I can (haha!), then move my legs from left to right slowly. It might help.. There's no way I'm trying it tbh, just getting out of bed makes my groin hurt terribly! Yikes. A private MW suggested using a birthing ball to help with the pain x

Did you Dr or Midwife send you for Physio?

I go to pregnancy yoga, she just talked to me about keeping knees together as much as i can, such as legs together when getting out of thr bed, car.
Sitting down to put on clothes

No because to be honest mine only flares up when I've done too much and I try to remember to keep my legs together though sometimes I forget :dohh:

I have this everytime I get up it just feels like I have been bashed with a bat also :wacko: :( I stand hold the bottom of my bump take deep breaths then walk/waddle - I get the SPD hip burn/pain at night and my MW told me to do the whole knee together when getting out the car etc but damn that is really hard to do!!! :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->