• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

gromits

lorrilou

Reaction score
awww, my poor baby has to have gromits!!:cry:

i know its nothing major but i still worry!!

Two of my kids have had them. It's never nice to see a little one go under general anaesthetic, but besides that they are back to themselves once it's wore off.

my little one hes 4 is geting tested for them but every time we go he wnt put the headphones on for them to test lol but he also has to have a op on hes eye as it turns out :cry:

nicole was the same, wouldnt have any of it at her first hearing test. she's since had two at school, once they see other kids doing it they do it.

im sure your son will be fine but its always a worry.

I had gromits when i was 11..
Op was straight forward, dont recall any pain afterwards, and my hearing improved... x

Everything will be fine x

My son had grommets done about 2 years ago, and the difference it made to him was phenomenal. Unfortunately they have both come out now so he has to have them redone, just waiting fot appt to conme thru.

I'm not looking forward to it, I worry about the GA as he's asthmatic, but he's so deaf at the moment I know it will be worth it

thats what i worry about and the fact that she cant have anything to eat after 7am and anything to drink after 11am!! im gonna have to get a lock for the fridge and all the cupboards!! :rofl:

i had gromits when i was a kid so i know they'll make a massive difference to her. i just cant wait to NOT have to repeat myself a million times.

Oh goodness I forgot about the no foood bit.

My kids can't go 5 mins without food.

Last time DS after the op pestered constantly for food, in the end the nurse went & made him some toast, then more toast, then tea then extra pudding!

I hope we get his appointment soon. If not, once my work healthcare gets upgraded I'm going to pay xs and try to go private.

he did the test last week and he dose not have to have grommets yay! he was soo good did evey thing she asked him to and she seid it has cleard up its self so on to hes eyes next. hes got a turn in 1 and they want to op on it but where not to sure.

my brother was born deaf and had gromits fitted so he can now hear! and my oh is deaf in one ear but his gromit just fell out recently so he really needs to get another 1 lol

its ur job to worry even tho its a simple thing to have these days :)

I have had 3 lots of gormits. The Op was straight forward and there is no pain afterwards. Your child will have much better hearing as a result. Hope all goes well.

Just thought I'd add to this thread in case anyone is in the same situation in the future.

I took my 3yr old for a hearing test last Wednesday as his speech is quite poor. The doctor looked at the results, examined him, told me he had glue ear, his hearing wasn't very good, he needed grommets and could I take him Friday? (!!!).

I was really worried but there was absolutely no need, he went down to theatre after 2pm and was sitting up on the ward eating tuna sandwiches and a yogurt by 3.15pm - we were on our way home an hour after that. He has been fine and I think there is some improvement in his speech already.

Gemma x

well she had them done about a month ago and she was absolutely fine. i nearly cried when they put her to sleep, but as soon as she woke up she was asking for toast!! Not sure they've made any difference tho. She still shouts, still have to repeat myself constantly but she goes back in feb for a check up so will see then.

well she had them done about a month ago and she was absolutely fine. i nearly cried when they put her to sleep, but as soon as she woke up she was asking for toast!! Not sure they've made any difference tho. She still shouts, still have to repeat myself constantly but she goes back in feb for a check up so will see then.

Sometimes i think they just get into the habit of shouting. Also I think they say pardon out of habit too, before what you've said registers with there brain. I think its automatic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->