Gross question about discharge

Bumblebeee

Mum to one & having fun!
Reaction score
Hiya, I'm somewhere around 6 - 7 weeks pregnant and occasionally, when I wipe, there is a tiny bit of snot-like mucus on the tissue. I'm an absolute nervous wreck since my 2 losses last year and every time it happens it sends my heart rate to the moon so I'm just looking for a bit of reassurance if possible. It's happened 3 times now and it scares the life out of me so I figured I'd just be gross and ask and just hope that's it's normal. It's literally the same colour as snot too, it's yuck x

Yep totally normal! Mines not quite snot colours more like a dark creme colour. I'm 18 weeks tomorrow and I still have it, and it's worse than it was in first tri! Pregnancy can be gross :)

Yes I had that in the first trimester and its gross but normol please dont worry. Easy to say. But I've had 3 Misscariges so I know how stressful and worrying the first trimester is. I still worry now and I'm almost 22 weeks.
I also had that snot like stuff at 12 weeks with blood in it and that freaked me out but had 3 scans since and all is well. Good luck hon. Try and relax I know its hard but stress is not good for you or the baby

Totally normal. I actually get this even when I’m not pregnant but worse when i am pregnant. I am currently 4 weeks + 4 days and already have some. I am pretty sure the green color and amount/consistency has to do with estrogen spikes.

The only time I would worry is if it was accompanied by a smell or redness/swelling. That would signify infection.

Thanks all, makes me feel loads better, still grossed out but glad to know it's the norm. Thank you :) x

I'm on pins again! I went to the toilet yesterday and wiped and (sorry tmi) it literally looked like I'd blown my nose in the tissue, was a big blob of yucky greeny mucus on the tissue. I've been getting little bits now and then but yesterday there was a fair bit. Today I have had a few little bits and one bigger bit but it was smaller than yesterday. Is it normal to get big blobs like this?! I don't remember getting it with my first but that was 6.5 years ago. I also don't have a midwife assigned yet to call for advice but I phoned the local birthing centre and spoke to a midwife who said increased discharge is completely normal but I wouldn't call big blobs of snotty mucus increased discharge. Please someone tell me it's normal!

I think it's still normol hon. As long as ure not bleeding I wudnt worry. I know this is gross but it there a smell? Or are u burning at all when u pee? Maybe if it keeps happening and ure worried just see a doctor and take in a urine sample just to rule out UTI.
I remember getting snotty like stuff it looked like it came from my nose was really nasty but normol.

I think it's still normol hon. As long as ure not bleeding I wudnt worry. I know this is gross but it there a smell? Or are u burning at all when u pee? Maybe if it keeps happening and ure worried just see a doctor and take in a urine sample just to rule out UTI.
I remember getting snotty like stuff it looked like it came from my nose was really nasty but normol.

Thank you Suggerhoney, no smell and no other symptoms that I'm aware of so no itching, redness, burning etc, literally just this yucky stuff every now and then. No other issues except for this thankfully but with my history I can't help but freak out :sad2: it doesn't help that I have no one to contact yet either, although I was lucky yesterday that a midwife in the local hospital agreed to speak to me. My nerves are shot! Thanks again x

I'm the exact same. I've had it right through my pregnancy and for a while I constantly felt wet down there (Sorry tmi). I was always worried I'd go to the toilet and see blood with how wet I felt, but it wasn't. And like you, when I wipe it's like I've blown my nose. Everything in my pregnancy is going well and my midwife didn't seem concerned about it at all. I'm sure all is well, I know how worrying it is though x

Completely normal, I still get it, some days it's just a little bit, other days it's a blob of snot! Its absolutely disgusting and it makes me feel dirty, but it is normal, it's just your hormones giving an increase of discharge.

Thank you Suggerhoney, no smell and no other symptoms that I'm aware of so no itching, redness, burning etc, literally just this yucky stuff every now and then. No other issues except for this thankfully but with my history I can't help but freak out :sad2: it doesn't help that I have no one to contact yet either, although I was lucky yesterday that a midwife in the local hospital agreed to speak to me. My nerves are shot! Thanks again x

Do u have ure booking in appointment soon with a midwife? I had mine at just over 8 weeks its where u get all ure notes and stuff and she will check ure urine and BP. I'm in the UK mind so it may be different else where.

Do u have ure booking in appointment soon with a midwife? I had mine at just over 8 weeks its where u get all ure notes and stuff and she will check ure urine and BP. I'm in the UK mind so it may be different else where.
I'm in South Wales, I only went to register with them on Tuesday as I was putting it off because I was scared after my losses last year. I haven't had any phonecall or letters yet but I will expect one within the next week or so x

I'm in South Wales, I only went to register with them on Tuesday as I was putting it off because I was scared after my losses last year. I haven't had any phonecall or letters yet but I will expect one within the next week or so x

I'm south Wales too! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"