Group B Strep Support Thread

I live by this following site: https://groupbstrep-ivil.tripod.com/id10.html

But I also didn't get my swab and had GBS and had a membrane sweep about a week before having babe, and the neonatologist were certain it crossed membranes and he was sick inside of me. I'll spare you all my big long scary story, but I didn't get the antibiotics obviously, and had a gbs septic infant, and when your one of the few it's not just a swab anymore- because you've seen first hand what it can do to your precious little baby. IT DOES HAPPEN.

And the CDC is also a fountain of information about GBS. There is a chance of it traveling vertically (this means up, and across intact membranes(crossing into your fluid)) which can then infect your baby, so at the very least at least make yourselves knowledgeable about it(don't mean to insinuate(sp?) that you are not). If you are going to have a home birth, without antibiotics please at least avoid sweeps and all the internal checks you can-this can push that nasty bacteria closer to your precious LO.

Happy & Healthy :cloud9: to everyone!

Thanks for the reply. I understand they watch over the baby for 24hrs but what if he has late symptoms? I am just a nervous wreck these days :-(

From what I've been told if thy get the antibiotics in them they won't get it

not true unfortunately, my baby still contracted it despite ab being administered from birth and him being born by cs.

Hi all, my previous pregnancy was twin and delivery was c section and one of my twins still got strep b. (my waters were leaking)! Scary times but he was and is fine.

New pregnancy and scared about what will happened this time.

I found out a week ago that I am also positive for GBS and I am having a waterbirth at home with an amazing midwife and doula. We are going to go the natural root and do everything that we can to eradicate it, but when I test again at 37 weeks ( Im 34 now) and it is still there, I will plan to have antibiotics administered.
My partner was nervous about the antibiotics because they are so harmful to a newborn, but we are going to be flooding both of our systems with probiotics and my midwife said doing that will help build her back up. I'm still nervous though... I just want her to come out healthy, you know?

Update ; i didnt retest. I declined IV unless ; waters broke for over 18hrs or i had a high temp.

I sadly didnt get my hb but still got natural waterbirth at hospital. My waters didnt break until baby head was born she came out amazing! I declined 24hr obs and agreed to 12hr obs we went home the same day.

Although i will not have swab done again in pregnancy if it can be helped i will still follow/stick by those few pointers as a precaution to any future baby. good luck to everyone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->