Group B Strep Test

happyfamily123

Expecting Baby #3
Reaction score
Has anyone had this done? I get this next week and am pretty nervous. I've like my fully clothed doctors appointments haha

You're in the buff waist down, you put a sheet over you.. they return to the room and swab your vagina and around your bum :) Painless, quick.

At our hospital we have to do it ourselves:rofl:

We get the swab, instructions and then go to the toilet complete it and hand it back into pathology.... very odd to do it urself...:blush:

So it is just around your bum, not invasive? thats the part Ive been most concerned with haha

I had my midwife appointment this morning and my next one is for this test she just explained to me that they take a quick swab from the area around the vagina/anus and that's it! She said to me that they just wipe over the area so I'm sure won't be painful.

x

I posted about this a while back too! LOL I was worried about the invasion thing too. I have mine Wednesday.

Haven't had mine yet but just want to say I hope all goes well, take care :hugs: XX

Had mine on Tuesday. Didn't know what to expect either, was thinking it was blood work. Hahaha, joke was on me :>

It was uncomfortable for me. The cotton q-tip felt like razor blades in my vaginal opening cause I am so tender down there. But it was over in a matter of seconds.

The thought of a swab around my butt, isn't so pleasant.

I had to swab myself too. Was given the swab at my doctor's appointment and told to do the swab at home then take it to the lab at the hospital.

It's really easy, I was told to just swab around about an inch up my vagina and then go towards the back just on the skin. It only took a few seconds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->