growbags

sonny

Mummy of Tabitha
Reaction score
Hi all i got Tabs a grow bag from matalan the other day and just wanted a bit of advice.
The label said its no more than tog 2.5 and that it is equivalent of a sheet and 2 thin blankets.

Without the growbag she was having a vest and babygrow,sheet and a thin blanket doubled up.
I put her in just a babygrow and the growbag and tucked her down with a sheet last night.
My room thermometer ....one of the cardboard ones from mothercare always says room is between 21-24 degrees when i go to bed at around half ten.

Any ideas if i am cooking her or not cooking her enough?
What do your Lo's have at night time etc?
Thanks all

Usually you get a little card with the gro-bag that tells you what to put on the baby I got one with mine as well as a thermometer.
If the room temp is 18oc then you should put on a long-sleeved bodysuit with a pyjama top.
At 20oc just the long sleeved bodysuit.

but if your room gets to 16oc then you should put on a long-sleeved body-suit and a sleepsuit or pair of pyjamas.

Hope this helps. xx

Sorry had to say do you know that a babies room should never get to 24oc my HV took a fit the day she came to my house and his room was 23oc she said I was going to cook him, it should be kept between 18-21oc. Sorry not preaching. xx

Usually you get a little card with the gro-bag that tells you what to put on the baby I got one with mine as well as a thermometer.
If the room temp is 18oc then you should put on a long-sleeved bodysuit with a pyjama top.
At 20oc just the long sleeved bodysuit.

but if your room gets to 16oc then you should put on a long-sleeved body-suit and a sleepsuit or pair of pyjamas.

Hope this helps. xx

Sorry had to say do you know that a babies room should never get to 24oc my HV took a fit the day she came to my house and his room was 23oc she said I was going to cook him, it should be kept between 18-21oc. Sorry not preaching. xx
No thats fine,thankyou for the tips there.....im thinking ill get another thermometer as i think mine might be up the duff as 24 is quite hot but my room feels a bit chilly when it says that.

The thermometer in Chloes room is always between 23- 27oc. Our house is naturally very warm- unsure why.

So what do I do, put her in the garden?!

The thermometer in Chloes room is always between 23- 27oc. Our house is naturally very warm- unsure why.

LMAO :rofl:

Would the garden not be a tad to cold?? maybe try the shed first, just put an extra layer of clothes on her oh and some salt around her to keep the slugs away!!!!! Lol

I dont think you're supposed to put a blanket on them when you put them in a grobag, thats what the grobag is for, so you dont need blankets but i'm yet to use my grobag as i don't think its cold enough, her room is always really warm

xxx

i got me one of them 2 bargain really at £8.00

i have put mr t in a vest bodysuit grow bag and then a really thin blanket as our house is always cold being so old...he wont sleep unless hes snug as a bug in a rug!!

h x

i put sam a baby grow on n a pair of pj's then put him in his sleeping bag
if its really cold i may put the heatin on a set temp then wen it reaches the temp i set it to it will turn its self off

vest, sleep suit, and grow bag, no sheet but saying that she hates that. but i have had to put an electirc heater in kira room cos of it being so cold, and her radiator not working so no heat going in her room.

i put tom is a vest, babygrow and 1 tog grobag when it is above 21oc, just a vest and 1 tog grobag when above 23oc and when it is 21-18oc he wears just a babygrow and a 2.5 tog growbag.

If it cools in the night much i will put a blanket on him rather than wake him up to put more clothes on.

i stress about him getting too hot all the time! poor thing probably freezes

Seriously recommend the grobag egg! It is ace!

Our room is annoying, it's either too hot (similar temp to yours) or freezing if you open the windows.. so you can't win. What we used to do was to put a vest on Bethanie (or vest with t-shirt to stop her arms getting cold) and she was fine.

Look here for more info from the Grobag site:
https://www.babysleepshop.com/acatalog/grobags.html

https://www.gro-group.co.uk/_res/401.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back