• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Growing pains?

puffers121

Reaction score
Guys, I've grown tremendously in just a few days. It's scary! I'm now getting really bad gas pains, abdominal pains on the left side and just feeling SQUISHED. I feel more out of air too. Sure beats morning sickness that I had earlier though. I'm enjoying the growing belly, but is this common to suddenly have a growth spurt suddenly squishing everything? My intestines are not happy right now and feel tightly packed in there in just a short time. Maybe my skin just needs to stretch a bit more to make room.

See pictures. This is 18 weeks and 6 days and 19 weeks and 6 days. I feel even bigger today and the one picture is from yesterday!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-11 at 5.43.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-11 at 5.43.20 PM.png
    244.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Screen Shot 2017-09-11 at 5.43.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-11 at 5.43.46 PM.png
    241.6 KB · Views: 7
I am going through this exact thing! I'm 17.5 weeks but now suffering lots of abdo pains - whether it's trapped wind, constipation, round ligament, I have no idea. But yeah really bad pains especially on the left side. I was in agony last night! Stomach gurgled all night so I'm pretty sure the new squished scenario is making my (already sensitive) guts freak out. I have an OB appointment later today so will ask him but I have to say it's quite reassuring to read your comment (though I hope it goes away for you of course!) I would also take this over first-tri sickness...but along with newly aching hips, I definitely haven't transformed into some glowing pain-free second-tri goddess like the books promise!

Glad to not be alone! lol. Yeah I pretty much had really bad gas pain yesterday-- just everything stuck in there and belching out the wazoo! Biggest burps ever. I wonder about round ligament pain too. Having not had that before, I really have no idea what it's supposed to feel like! It hurts a lot and just when i toss and turn or walk around and bend over or something. Baby just seems to have really moved up higher. Let me know what your OB says!!

On top of that, I seem to have messed up my shoulder cleaning the house or something. It seemed out of the blue/unusual. I think everything is just loose and adjusting. bah. I can barely move my arm :(

I feel your pain (literally), I'm 22 weeks and have almost no bump whatsoever, but my uterus is looking normal measurements on ultrasound so it's all just squashed inside my body instead of popped out and I'm suffering with terrible trapped wind most days. It kills! It puts me off eating (although I manage to find the will haha) :haha:

I feel your pain (literally), I'm 22 weeks and have almost no bump whatsoever, but my uterus is looking normal measurements on ultrasound so it's all just squashed inside my body instead of popped out and I'm suffering with terrible trapped wind most days. It kills! It puts me off eating (although I manage to find the will haha) :haha:

I feel like I have more issues now that it's popped out!! I think because the baby moved up and out. He was so low before and now I'm feeling like he's all up in my intestines -_-
<3 him though. He'll do plenty of squishing from here until after birth as he gets heavier and heavier. A lifetime of squish!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->