Growing up in the 70s & 80s - off topic!

Remember Jamie and the Magic Torch, what about Mr Ben?

awww recently on facebook there was a day where everyone was supposed to put a childhood cartoon as their profile pic and I put Mr Benn! I loveeeeed that show. I ended up youtubing Bagpuss that day, and the music made my cry :cry: I also youtubed Jamie and the magic torch. I get so sad as I have such great memories.

heres some other favourites:

• Sooty

• Button moon (we're off to button moon, we'll follow Mr. Spoon, Button Moon, Button Moon.)

• Why dont you (Why Don't You Just Switch Off Your Television Set and Go Out and Do Something Less Boring Instead?)

• Inspector Gadget / Top Cat / Pink Panther ... always on mornings when we had school holidays

• Scooby Doo

• Top of the Pops

• Grange Hill

• Neighbours (teenage years when kylie and jason were in it!!)

• Thorn Birds (I remember watching this mini series when I was about 12 and loved it, I have the DVD and made hubby watch it a few years ago!!)

What a great thread !:flower: Reading all these old tv programmes has taken me right back to my happy childhood :happydance: Those were the days of playing out with friends, around the block, till it got dark, the "pop man" coming in his van ( & getting money back on the empty bottles ! ), having a "fudgery doo" from the ice cream man for less then 50p !!! My favourite programmes included Worzel Gummage, why dont you ?, Chorlton & the Wheelies, Rainbow, Playschool, Lassie & Black Beauty :thumbup:. The good old days :happydance: when i had my mum to share it with :angel:
:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

I remember the drought of 1976 and playing with the stand pipes in the street :) Not sure that helped the water shortage :D

@Sarah- I forgot all about Thornbirds! There were so many of those old mini-series that I watched.

I remember the drought of 1976 and playing with the stand pipes in the street :) Not sure that helped the water shortage :D

Water shortage?

Not sure if it was UK wide but I remember the pat of Yorkshire I lived in the water authorities stopped piping water to the houses and we had to go to stand pipes in the street and we were only supposed to have so much per house but the kids kept playing with the stand pipes so after 1-2 week the water got reconnected to the houses with the parents under strict orders not to waste it :)

My parents weren't as strict with tv as they were about food, lol. I think being an only child and having my own tv in my room killed that one.

I wish...1 TV in the house that my mother and brother hogged....and shared a room with my slobby little sisters....

My parents weren't as strict with tv as they were about food, lol. I think being an only child and having my own tv in my room killed that one.

Goodness my mum still won't allow TVs in bedrooms :shock:

My parents never watched Dallas but if they were out we'd sneak a peek :)

My parents didn't allow it....and now my hubby doesn't allow it....:growlmad::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:

I have never lived on my own where I could do whatever the hell I liked....

I would love a TV in the bathroom above my bathtub....never going to happen, though....

Mine were strict about food, as well....
No sodas, no junk food, no fast food, no processed food...

And my husband is the same way....unless we are taking a road trip....then we get to have his favorite...Taco Bell, if there is no Subway.

But, my grandmother and mother and father were AWESOME cooks....
I didn't get that gene....

We are three people in my house and four TVs, lol.

My mum was strict on food but she is an awful cook and will admit it :) Her mum was a fab cook and not to blow my own trumpet but I am a fab cook and baker - half my weight issues :)

Mine were strict about food, as well....
No sodas, no junk food, no fast food, no processed food...

And my husband is the same way....unless we are taking a road trip....then we get to have his favorite...Taco Bell, if there is no Subway.

But, my grandmother and mother and father were AWESOME cooks....
I didn't get that gene....

I don't think my mother realized that by trying to keep my diet healthy, that she actully ended up making me very body conscious.

What a great thread !:flower: Reading all these old tv programmes has taken me right back to my happy childhood :happydance: Those were the days of playing out with friends, around the block, till it got dark, the "pop man" coming in his van ( & getting money back on the empty bottles ! ), having a "fudgery doo" from the ice cream man for less then 50p !!! My favourite programmes included Worzel Gummage, why dont you ?, Chorlton & the Wheelies, Rainbow, Playschool, Lassie & Black Beauty :thumbup:. The good old days :happydance: when i had my mum to share it with :angel:
:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

How could I forget Lassie and Black Beauty....:dohh:

I would sit for hours and attempt to draw them both.....them and George Washington and JFK...

My mum was strict on food but she is an awful cook and will admit it :) Her mum was a fab cook and not to blow my own trumpet but I am a fab cook and baker - half my weight issues :)

My husband is going to leave me for you....:cry:

I can make 15 dishes well and 2 desserts. That's about it....the bare minimum to satisfy my DH, and not an inch more...

LOL when we purchased our house it was new, from plans, we had them wire in cable so I could hang a tv off the ceiling!!! its in the perfect position to watch tv when you are lying down, no bad neck in my bedroom!!!!!
I love to relax and watch tv, cuddle hubby and my pets :cloud9:

someone mentioned Worzel Gummage...forgot that one. I met aunt sally when I was little, she was at a garden centre opening :shrug::haha:

My husband is going to leave me for you....:cry:

I can make 15 dishes well and 2 desserts. That's about it....the bare minimum to satisfy my DH, and not an inch more...

I make 1 dish and 0 desserts :blush: but Im the breadwinner in the house and hubby works 3 days a week and is morphing into a house husband :thumbup:

We are three people in my house and four TVs, lol.

I bought my hubby a 50" (and Wii) last year as a bribe....He was constantly on me about working too much, so I thought I would distract him....

We have 2 older TVs, as well.....that we never use....One is in the guestroom and I am surprised at how much people fight over that room when they are staying with us....The other guestroom is beautiful....but they would rather have the guestroom with the TV....They probably have spouses that don't allow TV in their bedroom either....

That's why I love hotels....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->