growing your own fruit and veg in the garden?

lynne192

mum 2 James & Libby
Reaction score
hey all sorry i had utterly no idea where to post this anyways, we moved into a new house recently and i have a pretty big garden its very long too so was really thinking i want to grow my own fruit and veg, anyways i am kind of new to the whole gardening thing, i know how to cut the grass and cut hedges etc but thats about it, my MIL is very good in garden but only with flowers so will call on her when i want flowers but how would i go about growing my own veg?

i live in Scotland so its pretty cold and wet alot little sunshine, but we went to a place thats run by a family (man and wife) that grow alot of veg which they supply, its in the south of scotland so not close enough to buy from there all the time but made me want to do it they manage and they are dealing with all ourdoor no sheds heaters or anything just soil and weather and then pick when right, anyways would love some advice where to start and what veg might be best?

i really hate tomatoes and rhubarb? we had rhubarb in the garden and i ripped it all out....

thanks in advance and if its in the wrong place i am sorry and would love to know where might be best?

i grow potaoes new potatoes courgettes strawberries carrots kale cabbage and tomatos

i dont grown them from seeds i use the plants i get them from a local garden center but theres loads of plaves on the net i water them every day twice a day when its hot. ive just had two sacks full of potatoes at the weekend x

I have a small raised bed in my garden iv just started growing corgettes (iv never eaten them before!), onions, cabbage, tomatoes and i got grow bags with potatoes carrots and leeks in! its my first year doing it so i dont have a clue really im hoping and waiting! but i did buy some veg tunnels there like a plastic tunnel which acts like a small green house! i also have 4 fruit trees but they havent given eny fruit off them yet so next year hopfully ill have loads! x

thats kl on mobile right now so will reply more later all sounds great :D

we have a veggie patch at the end of the garden, its gone to pot slightly since I got pregnant with my son but I do have raspberry canes which we had a lovely crop from this year! Home grown potatoes are delicious! I've also grown peas (really easy), beetroot, carrots, onions (yum), runner beans (again really easy), lettuce (easy and quick) - allsorts! Its really satisfying to eat what you have grown, I would just experiment and have fun :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->