Growth scan didn't go well :( UPDATE pg 3

Heramys

It's TWINS!!
Reaction score
So I had a growth scan today at 31+6 as it's twins. The boy measuring 400 grams behind the girl who measures normal. Reasons is the placenta cannot support him and the flow was "2" on a scale from 0-3b where "0" is perfect.

So basically they're telling me they're going to monitor me every 48 hrs now and if the flow decreases one step more they take them out within 24 hrs :cry:
They told me to come in on Wednesday and be prepared for a possible delivery :nope:
Regardless when they decide to deliver them, they're not going to be full term and they said if not now, expect within 2-4 weeks tops.

Now all I can think of is all the horrible complications and if our little boy dies before they get them out - I'm panicking!!!

Sorry hun for the news. Just try and stay positive and hope that the little ones are fine. its positive that the health practictioners will be looking after you

keep posotive as babys will feel your stress xxxxxx
Babys have been born a lot soon so im sure they will be fine

I'm sorry you're going through this, but I wanted to give you some reassurance. DH's little sister was born at 31w4d and weighed 2lbs (way smaller than "average" at that gestational age). She's now 8 years old and literally the smartest kid in her class. There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with her! I know it's scary, but you're far enough along that everything should be just fine. :hugs:

Want tp send hugs your way hun. The boy.is smaller but its not a massive difference, there's always one twin thats smaller. Hopefully they'll stay in another couple of weeks and its a good thing your getting monitored regular, any problems will.get picked up straight away. X

:hugs: I will say a prayer for your little one and keep my fingers crossed that they can let babies stay put a while longer!

I am sorry that you are going through this.

There is always a twin that is smaller since one is always dominant. The important thing is that you will be getting monitored frequently to catch any other potential problems. Try to take some solace in that.
The doctors won't let you go further than what is safe and your job now is just to try to take it easy and cook those babies as long as possible. The good thing is, is that at (essentially) 32 weeks, the outlook for babies born at this time is really good now. So if you do go 2-4 weeks like the doctors want, then it's just icing to the cake.
I hope you get the peace you need to relax and take it one day at a time. I know it's hard worrying about your babies. I really hope you get the chance to cook those babies the full 4 weeks they are looking at.

Try not to worry too much, babies do very well at this point and research shows twins even more so as they 'prepare' for possible early delivery. Take it easy, you're in the best hands.

Twins develop quicker try not to panic easier said than done I realise but I know a set of twins on here that were born at 29 weeks and they were both fine only needed a little oxygen xx

:hugs::hugs: I'm sorry for the worrying news!! :hugs::hugs:

Try to stay positive! It's good that they want to closely monitor you and keep your babies safe :hugs::hugs::hugs:

I'm sorry your going through this. My friend had her little boy at 32 weeks and I know it was tough at first but he's now a perfectly healthy 2 year old. Hoping your little ones stay put for a while yet x x

Please dont panic. I had this with my DD they wouldn't leave them in there if they thought there was any immediate danger they are just preparing you for the worst. My daughter was 3lb at birth and yeah had to spend some time in scbu but is now happy and healthy none the worse for her early delivery or low birth weight. all the best to you you will be fine :) xx

Thank you all for your encouraging words.
It's just such a shock as they were just 3 grams apart last scan so I didn't think there was going to be any problems :(
So was really looking forward to this scan without any worries and bam, bad news

So sorry you're going through this, 32 weeks is a good amount to get to, try and remain strong, I will be thinking of you :flower:

Sorry you're going through this but it sounds like you're getting very good care. I know a little girl who was born at 25 weeks and is now a thriving one year old. I hope all goes well for you and the babies xx

So sorry you're going through this hun. Will keep you in my thoughts. Hopefully they will both be okay :hugs: stay positive!

Sending you lots of positive, good luck thoughts Heramys x

I know a little boy who was born at 27 weeks and he is doing fabulously and is 5 months old now and thriving!

Good luck today, will be thinking of you! :flower:

Any updates Heramys? Thinking of yoi and your little ones!

keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you and babies..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->