growth scans

S

scottishgal

I have been told I have to have growth scans further along and was told that if baby is getting to big they will induce me WTF??? is this cos of my disability?

honey i've never heard of this happening before.
but i just didnt want to read an run.
is there anyway you can talk to your care provider?

yeah i was going to speak to the midwife or call the hospital to speak to consultant or just wait i dont want to annoy em lol

It could be to do with your disability hun, with my disability they say there is no way they want me to give birth vaginally so Im being booked in for a C section at 38 weeks. I would talk to your MW about it, I haven't heard of it before but they do need to take your disability in to account. Sorry this isn't much help, hope you can get some answers, take care :hugs: XX

It's not that it can cause a big baby it's cos it may make birth more difficult if the baby is big, that's all. Check with your MW that this is the reason but they may feel that in order for you to give birth naturally our LO cant
be over a certain weight??
I have to have a growth scan at 36 weeks. I am not disabled per se but I do have arthritis and they will check how big/small the baby is and see when they can do a planned c section.

xxx

hi i have been told i can have a natural birth i just got 2 have growth scans so i think its cos they will induce me when they think its right time not sure

r u on any medication hun ?! cos i am and cos of this were aving 2 other scans at 30+ wk, growth scans cos the meds i take cud make baby small,im sure it wont tho,but its just like reassurence for baby etc ......... maybe this is why ?!

hi hun no am not on meds hun think its cos of my cerebral palsy

What form of CP do you have?

I'd imagine it is just so that you are not struggling trying to deliver a large baby. Some women with a small pelvis have to do the same thing.

Or so that there is not any more stress put on your body than can be avoided, especially if your CP is affecting muscle tone (they can't tell how it will affect your ability to push till the time comes, think of children with CP and toilet training, they don't know how internal muscles are affected) it is tough on 'normal' bodies without the added strain that comes from the CP (I'm thinking of ligament strain from supporting a full term baby bump).

Have a chat with your mw or consultant to find out exactly why they are planning this, especially if you are worried.

Have you had your 20 week scan yet?

If you have, baby could of been measuring big at that, so they will want you to go for a growth scan to make sure she isn't growing too fast for you to be unable to deliver her.

Best thing to do would be to speak to your midwife x

hi hun its very mild CP its muscle prob consultant sed i can carry baby to full term but may get induced early due to size of baby etc

hi hun i have my 20 week scan on the 12th of may and she isnt growing big so far xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->