Growth spurt reassurance please

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by starlight2801, Jun 1, 2011.

1. starlight2801

starlight2801 Well-Known Member

I feel a bit silly writing this as I've replied that this is perfectly normal on someone else's thread but now it's happening to my baby I'm panicking and worrying.

Maia is now FF and has been on 7oz bottles 5x per day for about a month. She has slept around 7 hours through the night during this time but typically has lots of awake play time during the day.

Yesterday she slept more than usual during the day, mainly waking up for feeds which she completely drained to the last drop. She woke up at 4am this morning for the first time in ages and took 6 more ounces.

I put her up to 8oz bottles today and unbelievably she's been drainin them and continuing to want feeding every three hours when I thought having more she may go longer between feeds.

What worries me really is she's still slept loads today. She's probably only been awake for about 6 hours so far today including time awake feeding. She does seem alert and normal when she is awake but I've honestly never known her sleep so much.

She's 3 months old, is this normal? X

2. kirst1805

kirst1805 Mum of Gemma Rose

She'll be fine hun.. All this growing is exhausting work. :hugs:

Random but just noticed your LO has same birthday as mine.. just 2 yrs later.. :happydance: :rofl:

xx

3. starlight2801

Thanks, they do share a birthday, cool :) x

4. CeriB

CeriB Well-Known Member

It is completely normal and will calm down again soon. It is hard work getting big!!

5. blinkybaby

blinkybaby Well-Known Member

12 week growth spurt is a big one! Hopefully she will settle down soon, and you'll probably notice new things she can do etc, it will be worth it! xxx

6. starlight2801

Aww thanks ladies, I just can't help worrying when she's not quite herself. Hopefully will be back to her old self soon with some new skills to show off too xx