Growth spurt?

helena

Mum to 2 boys and 1 girl
Reaction score
My baby girl is just over 4 weeks old.could she be having a growth spurt?
She was sleeping pretty well at night, waking to feed then going down to sleep again. Until a few days ago. For two nights she would wake and feed every 2 hours rarther than every 3, and then get fussy, groaning, struggling to poop or burp or something, making groaning growling noises and then a little cry. She wouldn't settle as easily. Then for the last two days she has been literally screaming when I put her down after a night feed. I thought it was overactive let down as she was pulling off the boob a bit and I could hear air being swallowed and milk gurgling into her tummy. Or maybe reflux.. I raised one end of the crib, it didnt help.
But then it could just be wanting comfort as she calms a lot when I pick her out of her crib and hold her or put her in my bed. Which I don't really want to do.
I am hoping it passes soon..I felt so lucky to have a good sleeper!..:shrug:

Sounds like it. My LO had a growth spurt at 4 weeks (so a few days ago) and he was acting pretty similar... except he's on bottle. Back to normal now though :thumbup:

Thanks. I literally can't get her off the boob now. Or put her down without her crying. She has a bit of a red bottom..maybe since she is feeding so much? Hoping its not been all because of a sore bum all along..but pretty sure it wasn't red this morning. She has been feeding almost all afternoon. It was every hour for a while and now it seems even more often!? She will only sleep with me, even wakes if I move about...this isn't like her at all!..
This morning she was relatively normal...this afternoon a screaming feeding non sleeping monster!

Aww poor baby... lots of cuddles and let her feed if she wants it, it'll pass. If it doesn't let up in a few days maybe talk to your HV or GP as it may be something else. But chances are it's a growth spurt :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->