Grr...I'm fuming now!

I agree with Julies, both have there challenges. Try not to get too offended. I worked while pregnant and it was horrible. But I can imagine sahm is challenging. If I had a choice I would rather have the opportunity to sahm. Its a blessing. Challenging or not.

Whether you're going to :rofl: it or not it's still rude to say "just you wait"

-------------------------------------------------

My main point being I think it rude, patronising and disrespectful to say "oh just you wait" whilst quietly laughing to yourself and feeling smug that someone has potentially got hardship to come. It's nasty.

You've read wrong because that is not what the poster said.
Just sit back and wait till she's on no.2

these two statements mean two totally different things. The poster meant sit back and wait until she is pregnant with number two so that she will understand that her comments to SAHM's was unfair and she has underestimated how hard it is to do that.
not anywhere has anyone mentioned they are going to sit back and watch this person struggle and laugh about it. only that that will understand op's frustration when they are put into that situation themselves.

It is not fair to have a go at a poster by changing the words they have said and taking them into a different context.

OP = totally understand why your so frustrated. I find being a SAHM 100 times harder than being pregnant when i was working. You get no breaks/no toileting in peace/ no warm drinks/ have to be constantly on your toes/no sick days/ no overtime and most of all no praise for the job you do. I think she probably just has no idea what is heading her way as most first time mums dont :hugs: xxx

Honestly i think being a sthm is harder than working. I tried for the 1st year and i couldnt do it. Going to work is a break from my lb.

Im not saying i dont love him but its nice to be around less needy people

People always think think a sham is just relaxing all day eating bon bons. I hate that about people.. Sometimes working 6 hours a day with adults is easier than driving carpool, making lunches, dinners, school runs, market trips, laundry... Does the list ever end?!

I am half and half on this one. First, it doesn't sound like she meant it maliciously. Working really pregnant is hard work. Having a toddler full time is hard work. Although raising a child while pregnant is hard, there are some perks that you wouldn't get while at work. You can sit when you want, eat, pee, drink water, and hang out with the person you love the most in the entire world everyday. I'm not saying that mom life isn't hectic, or hard. It's just as hard as anything else. Working while being extremely pregnant is hard in a completely different way, and while in the middle of it she probably thought that it must be nice to stay home with your tiny human (any woman that can financially do that is EXTREMEMLY lucky). So I wouldn't take it personally. I would say "yeah, I don't have to work but I still my own burdens. Sorry you couldn't take the time off. I know that must be hard". We all have our own battles. They are relative, and shouldn't be compared. :)!

People always think think a sham is just relaxing all day eating bon bons. I hate that about people.. Sometimes working 6 hours a day with adults is easier than driving carpool, making lunches, dinners, school runs, market trips, laundry... Does the list ever end?!

No the list NEVER ends. Being a mom/mother is a lifetime commitment. Everyone knows you cant clock out at 5 o'clock on this job. I do feel sorry for the women who cant stay home with baby.

Also, this thread is a little nutty. We are all women who are going to be having children. Or have children. Whatever struggles we go through to have this blessings, are not the same. Everyone is different and has a harder time with different things! Some women LOVE staying at home with their LO and feel like work is much harder. Some women feel like they would do anything to go back to work. Not all jobs are easy. I've never had a job where I get to do what I want when I want to. It was my CHOICE to have a child. No one forced me too. As women, we should be uplifting one another. Not saying "I'm a SAHM, my job is the HARDEST". Or "I'm a working mom, mine is the hardest". And it is extremely mean to assume a FTM isn't struggling because she doesn't have a toddler yet. It's scary and exhausting to be pregnant for the first time. Especially with no Mat leave, and working. Again, no one forces anyone to get pregnant while having a toddler. It is a choice. And we should be supporting one another through our choices, and be empathetic of each others personal struggles. Cuz, you never know how your life compares to another's.

Also, this thread is a little nutty. We are all women who are going to be having children. Or have children. Whatever struggles we go through to have this blessings, are not the same. Everyone is different and has a harder time with different things! Some women LOVE staying at home with their LO and feel like work is much harder. Some women feel like they would do anything to go back to work. Not all jobs are easy. I've never had a job where I get to do what I want when I want to. It was my CHOICE to have a child. No one forced me too. As women, we should be uplifting one another. Not saying "I'm a SAHM, my job is the HARDEST". Or "I'm a working mom, mine is the hardest". And it is extremely mean to assume a FTM isn't struggling because she doesn't have a toddler yet. It's scary and exhausting to be pregnant for the first time. Especially with no Mat leave, and working. Again, no one forces anyone to get pregnant while having a toddler. It is a choice. And we should be supporting one another through our choices, and be empathetic of each others personal struggles. Cuz, you never know how your life compares to another's.

Well said hopeful!! I love it :)

Well said hopeful!! I love it :)

Good! Glad I don't sound like a TOTAL nut. I don't disagree with original poster. I can see how she could be offended, but some peoples response were like "woah! Nope..... That's ridiculous". Hahah

Nope not a nut hopeful! That is empathy and a great example at that. It would be great if we were all like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->