Grr, quiet baby :(

_Lexi_

Mummy to 1 perfect angel and a 6yr old daughter
Reaction score
Baby was very quiet movement wise all day yesterday. Had a few kicks about 9pm, then quiet all night. Had a few wiggles this morning, but not much. She's got till lunch time to get more active before I'm ringing my midwife. I know as soon as I go in she'll kick up a storm, it's what they do. Come on baby, time to wake up and kick me!! xx

Same her, weve had a very quiet couple of weeks, I was in the assesment room on delivery suite last friday to put my mind at rest.

Dont know why, annoying isnt it. Lazy little buggers x

Come on baby!

We drive ourselves crazy don't we. Moan when they kick our ribs (as mine is doing now) or worry when they don't.

Hope they start kicking soon

Our only sign of a problem with Joshua was reduced movement, so it is a concern of ours. I'm the first person to tell someone to go get checked. Just awkward getting to my hospital for monitoring. I don't drive, so it's a 30 min walk to the bus stop, then a40 min bus journey. By which point she'll of woken up no doubt!! x

I always recognise you because of what you went through, my sister went through the same and It just makes you more aware of things doesnt it.:flower:

Try a walk round the block if you can or a bit of activity. Mine usually moves around the most when Im lying on my back. I think i was spolt last week with lots of jumping around which is why im paranoid now!

Yes come on babies, get wiggling! x :dance:

Mines been the same, she went quiet last night and the hasn't moved much since.

I've done a kick counter & got 10 kicks in well under an hour but still not normal pattern, and I'm more worried after going into hospital last wed :-( I'm giving her till the end of my day at work 5pm to start or I'll go back to the hosp.

Sorry to hear your sister went through it too :( it's only after losing a baby, you realise just how many people have been affected by it :(

I haven't had 10 kicks in an hour last night or today. My oh is worried as he's had to go off to a training course in London today. She's got till after I have lunch, as she's usually quiter in the mornings anyway. x

My baba girlie did this on friday and saturday...ended up in l and d on sat nite and all is well and since then she has battered me lol! Her movements are so strong now because she is soo long and ready to come out that it hurts lol...but my advice is definitely get checked out when your concerned, whether your a ftm like me or seasoned pro lol xxx

I had an appointment with my specalist and was told any change in movement as in reduced or lack of to come in and get it checked.. they said they dont mindas movement is important at this stage. I even got told of when I said he had a quiet couple of days but didnt ring them.
She said lie on your side and there should be 10 movements in a hour and if there is none to come straight in.
Put your mind a ease hun and get checked as you will feel better for it.x

I know all the things to try after Joshua. Just giving her some time to wake up and get her wiggle on. After what we've been through I don't take reduced movements lightly, I know how serious they can be. We wouldn't of had the 13 hours we got with Joshua if I hadn't gone in. Just had some food. Been on my side for about 15 minutes so far. Might have to start again though as I need a wee! Grr, silly bladder!! x

if you are worried hun go get checked - it also helps if you kow your LO's patterns and you can monitor it best at that time - my little one seems most active between 4am and 7am in the morning - if i dont feel it then, i start to worry big time - during the day or at other times, i know it can get manic at work or i am deep at sleep i dont notice subtle movements...but those wee hours of the morning, especially if i am lying slanty (midway between my back and side) it seems to have more space and it goes ecstatic

hope yours moves soon. goodluck.XX

i am in the same spot. Usually kicks like mad when i go to bed but only got a few nudges and nothing much during night. Had some activity this morn but nothing like the last few weeks. Maybe its a 30 week growth spurt. Will get checked if it continues. Have heart monitor so i know thats good but still worried. Wrecked tired too cause i couldnt sleep much!

I will send good vibes your way sweets... telling your little one to boot the crap outa you! :)

Had this last week... scares u silly I cant imagine how much extra stress u would have with your history....

Xx big hugs... have an icy drink... that may help :)

Sorry to hear your sister went through it too :( it's only after losing a baby, you realise just how many people have been affected by it :(

I haven't had 10 kicks in an hour last night or today. My oh is worried as he's had to go off to a training course in London today. She's got till after I have lunch, as she's usually quiter in the mornings anyway. x

You're absolutely right. It was surprising after it happened, how many people said that it had happened to them also. People tend not to talk about it, which I understand because you dotn want to scare/shock people, but my sister and my family talk about him frequently. She went on to have another son, who is now 3 and shes 5 weeks pregnant now :) :)

Does change of diet have an effect on the movements do you think? Ive stopped eating so much sugar in the last week and I wonder is this a factor?

x

Baby was very quiet movement wise all day yesterday. Had a few kicks about 9pm, then quiet all night. Had a few wiggles this morning, but not much. She's got till lunch time to get more active before I'm ringing my midwife. I know as soon as I go in she'll kick up a storm, it's what they do. Come on baby, time to wake up and kick me!! xx

I'm 31+3 and my little one has been a lot quieter these past few days. Im seeing the midwife on Thursday but am now wondering if I should get seen sooner. Its such a worry isn't it? :nope:

You're absolutely right. It was surprising after it happened, how many people said that it had happened to them also. People tend not to talk about it, which I understand because you dotn want to scare/shock people, but my sister and my family talk about him frequently. She went on to have another son, who is now 3 and shes 5 weeks pregnant now :) :)

Does change of diet have an effect on the movements do you think? Ive stopped eating so much sugar in the last week and I wonder is this a factor?

x

My mw said that yes, eating less sugar and or caffeine etc can have an effect on bubs movement...also around 30 weeks there is a huge growth spurt and that can make baba move less and also at this stage baba sleeps for longer also xxxx

[/QUOTE]

My mw said that yes, eating less sugar and or caffeine etc can have an effect on bubs movement...also around 30 weeks there is a huge growth spurt and that can make baba move less and also at this stage baba sleeps for longer also xxxx[/QUOTE]

Ahh brilliant, thank you for that :) xxx

I'd just got my notes out to find the number for l&d so I could give them a call, and she's started kicking up a storm. Will be keeping an eye on her this afternoon but think she was just testing my patience!! Phew. x

I'd just got my notes out to find the number for l&d so I could give them a call, and she's started kicking up a storm. Will be keeping an eye on her this afternoon but think she was just testing my patience!! Phew. x

that's great news!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->