Grrr think I may have to go on BCP

Button#

Reaction score
I keep getting light bleeding and spotting from about the middle of my cycle until about the 29th of each month when I get AF. I've had a speculum test but nothing wrong so it seems it's probably hormonal. I'm going to talk to my dr next week and see if she thinks I ought to go back on the combined pill to try and regulate my cycle.

Anyone else had similar? If so do you think I could get away with just one month of pill?

I was getting that ever since my periods returned after depo so that was from August last year 9 months after my shot!

It was so annoying because it would happen when I think I'm suppose to be ovulating so far I haven't had it this month but I think it's good that you speak to your dr, how long have you been having this mid cycle bleed?

Since I came off the mini pill. I didn't get any AF from getting pregnant with Ashley until he was 18 months old so 2 a month is a bit of a shock!

Good to know yours has settled down. Especially annoying as I got a positive OPK.

Spoke to the dr today, she's not going to put me back on the pill as she doesn't think there's any point. She said my last examination showed I had a cervical abrasion so it could be because of that but just to check there's nothing else wrong she's arranging for a pelvic ultrasound. I'm pleased they're checking it all out.

Ahh that's good news! Hopefully after your ultrasound you can find out what's going on! I think it's best you don't go back on bcp and just let your body get on with it x

I hope so. When do you start testing with the OPKs?

I'm now on cd5 so I will start from day 11? My cycles are starting to get back to 28 days now, I've never used OPK what time is best to test? I'm reading between 10am-8pm and around 2pm being the best time?

I went for 3pm because it was easy to remember as I go upstairs to wake LO up from his nap at that time anyway

Got my appointment for an ultrasound on the 19th. Luckily DH is off that day anyway so he can take LO to playgroup.

Aww that's good! Hopefully you can get some answers! Has the mid cycle bleeding stopped yet?

Don't forget to update x

I had light bleeding mid cycle followed by spotting which only stopped when AF arrived. It's driving me a bit mad. I worked out last cycle I only had 11 days free of any sort of bleeding or spotting.

Fortunately AF has gone now, it was quite short this month so I may get a couple of weeks bleeding/spotting free.

Little update, I had my pelvic us today and she couldn't see anything that was causing the bleeding or anything that would stop me conceiving.

So still don't really know what's going on but I'm taking it as a positive.

That's great news! I'm sure it helps to know everything looks ok in there :)

You still having the bleeds?

Yeah, thought I'd got away with just a couple of days this cycle but it came back after 4 days bleed free.

How are you getting on with the OPKs? If I'm out this month I'm going to try the SMEP next month.

I've been really preoccupied lately, I had a tooth infection just before AF arrived so I wasn't really upset about it at all and now I've got a flu so my mind hasn't really been thinking about trying iykwim? I'm gonna try be more relaxed now, I will of course take OPK but I just don't want to stress myself out when nothing happens

You poor thing, I hope you feel better soon.

Thanks hun, woke up this morning feeling terrible! Currently laying on the sofa feeling weak! Can't imagine being pregnant as well lol, when I'm ill I can't even imagine a pregnancy I'm sure once I'm better I will be back to my broody self but I'm gonna try the relaxed approach as I just don't want to get stressed about it x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->