Grunting, single cry and legs and arms pulled in?

gilz82

Me, OH & beautiful Noah
Reaction score
Hi girls :wave:

We got Noah home from the neonatal unit yesterday. All day he fed well, slept perfectly in his moses basket and seemed to be settling in quite well.

Last night we bathed him, fed him and then went upstairs to bed. Noah fell asleep in his crib and was fine for a couple of hours. He woke up and was sucking is fingers like crazy so I fed him a little more, winded him and put him back down. About an hour later he started grunting and pulling his legs right up to his chest, then crying just one single cry.

I thought it was maybe wind so lifted him, winded him and then swaddled him and put him back down. Half an hour of peace and quiet and then it all started again. We ended up with him in bed with us which I didn't want to do but it was the only thing that would make him settle. Any ideas what was wrong with him? I don't think it's colic cos he's not really crying, I couldn't get any wind up and his nappy wasn't dirty.

Don't want to put him though another night like that tonight.

First off, congrats on having him home! <3
did he do this (Arms and legs in, etc) during the day? My guess would be it was something you ate for dinner last night- sounds like tummy bubbles

Thanks Heyyady

He doesn't do it during the day, he's currently lying in his Moses basket sleeping perfectly still and has been for well over an hour.

We're feeding Noah formula because I can't BF due to medication and it's the same formula that they were using at the hospital. It's weird that he settled down totally once we took him into bed with us.

He probably isn't used to the dark because the neonatal units are always light. Once in bed with you both he felt more secure. You could maybe try a nightlight for a bit if u aren't using one already.

Congratulations on getting your lo home xx

I agree with PP, it could also be too quiet for him.

Thanks girls. We have a nightlight we left on but maybe tonight we'll put the tv on down low just so there is some noise.

I was considering getting one of those bears with the box in it that makes womb noises. Anyone know if they are remotely worth it?

We ended up with LO in our bed for the first few weeks, she'd always start off ok in her crib but end up with us - after a few weeks though she was fine on her own so don't worry you're making bad habits if it happens again, he's probably just looking for some comfort from you but will grow out of it.

We have the bear, its highly rated from reviews i read

Thanks sb22 I downloaded a white noise app thing for my iPhone last night and left it on heartbeat for 20 minutes. That seemed to help.

I think I'll look into getting the bear too so that it can go through to the nursery when he moves into his cot in a few months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->