GTT day...

Sarahdisco

Mummy to Jessica
Reaction score
Just had my GTT - not nearly as bad as I thought it would be! The drink was an actual drink (lime cordial type stuff) and not nearly as disgusting as I had in my head.

Just waiting on the results now - if I dont get a phone call this afternoon then I'm in the clear! Hopefully the phone will stay silent all day!

Morning, hope it will all come back clear. Does everyone have a GTT test or do you only have it if you have abnormal urine results?

Morning, hope it will all come back clear. Does everyone have a GTT test or do you only have it if you have abnormal urine results?

I think its only if you hit certain triggers - mine was cause my dad is a Type 2 diabetic so they wanted to be doubly sure I was ok.

My urine results have all been fine so far and the finger prick test they did before the drink was 4.4 - apparently this is ok so hopefully I wont get a call.

It varies from area to area, what risk factors trigger off them suggesting you have the GTT. I had the test in my last pregnancy but not this time xx

I'm having mine done in a couple of weeks because I have PCOS and that's a risk factor. Other risk factors include being overweight, close relative with diabetes and some other things I can't remember :)

But yeah it depends on the area, my sister had one because it was routine where she lived, all pg ladies had it. But where I live it's only if you fall into one of the risk categories.

Hope you got a good result Sarahdisco :) Good to know the drink wasn't too bad, I was also imagining it to be really disgusting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->