GTT Tomorrow

sophie

Mum of 2 pg with no3!
Reaction score
I am going to eat like a pig today lol cant eat from 9.30 tonight which is fine it'll be the morning that do me in i love my toast in the morning!
How long does it take does anyone know? I cant remember from havin it done with Kai!
x

im not sure whether they do it diffrently in certian places but when i had mine done on Coby i had to fast the night before, then go in hospital to have a blood test, then drink a sugary drink and wait for 2 hours, then have another blood test.

Then i could eat, it was hell coz the hospital clinic always ran late lol

With this pregnancy i knew they would get me to do another one so i went to the docs and requested one, that was much better, just had to fast and have a blood test, no sugary yuky drink to have.

x

Why dont they just do that instead then? I was heaving drinkin that drink with Kai, and i nearly passed out!

i know, its horrible isnt it. the consultnat at teh hopsital wanted me to take one of there tests but i refused, i said i had already had it done, i wasnt diabetic so that was it, no more tests. they insit on doing them with me coz my dad is type 2 and my sister got it in her pregnancy, but i know im ok, they fuss to much.

x

I have to have it cos my brother is type 1 diabetic, what a pain lol!
Oh well i shall just go an be brave!
x

go and be brave===lol--- i had mine real early (maybe 9-10 weeks) as dad's type 2 diabetic (late onset) and that drink is DISGUSTING made me want to gag--- but u have to keep it down otherwise they supposedly make u redo it-and then u cant drink or eat anything for like an hour or however long they have u go for--- mine was only an hour---- but i ate before (like a sandwich) and she said it was fine as long as i hadnt eaten a lot before doing it) ---

i was lucky didnt have any symptoms---dont know if i;'ll have to redo it now that im further along though--hopefully not

----so anyway hope all goes well and u all get neg. results ====

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->