GTT...

babydevil1989

Reaction score
im having to have a glucose tolerance test on tuesday - one where you have blood drawn drink the drink then go back two hours later and have more blood taken.

my appointment isnt until 9.40 which means my 2nd lot wont be until 11.40! can i eat in between if not i think i might keel over afyer 13 hours of not eating anything!!!

For the two hour and three hour tests you have to be fasting. No food before or inbetween. Sorry :((

grr my last bloods will be taken at 11.40am and i have to fast from 10pm the night before 14 hours with no food then have blood taken....il faint! x

you'll be fine, it's not that bad.

Last meal I ate last night was at 10.30pm and the first meal I had today was at about 2pm.
Not intentional, I was just out and about this morning and busy so didn't have chance to eat anything.
I was fine - not faint or anything.

Really it's not THAT long if you think that most of that time you'll be asleep.

How come you're having your GTT so early in your pregnancy? Mine is booked for 5th April. I'll be 20-something weeks by then. I thought that was the norm? I've had my other GTTs in previous pregnancies around that time too.

It really isn't all that bad - not as bad as anyone tells you. And you can drink water so that helps! But yeah, you need to be fasting (but I had a snack in my bag ready for when I had my 2nd bloods done!) I had to wait until 28 weeks for mine tooxx

When I first found out about the gtt at about 12 weeks I was like "Oh no, I'll faint" because if I didn't eat regular meals I felt faint. Now though, weeks later sometimes I don't eat until the afternoon without even realising and I feel fine, so I'm not really worried anymore, I suppose it was a phase.

Although this doesn't help you if you're having yours early, I'm surprised they would test that early in pregnancy to be honest!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->