Gummy prenatals?

emicakess

Reaction score
Are gummy prenatals just as good as pill form, if they have the same amount of everything?

I take the gummies, but I have to also take an iron supplement because the gummies don't have it (because they know the product could appeal to children). My doctor said they were fine and to just add the iron.

Oh maybe I should add iron to mine! I had RLS really bad and I have heard iron can help. How much iron do you take ?

Copied from Mayo Clinic: Iron supports the baby's growth and development. Iron also helps prevent anemia, a condition in which blood lacks adequate healthy red blood cells. Iron — 30 milligrams

hth

ask ur doc how much to take and take with plenty of fluids..also make sure ur gummies have dha and folic acid in them...if not there is ones that have both..

I just switched to the prenatal gummies because the pill form was starting to make me throw up. I think they should be just as good as long as they contain the recommended amounts of everything. Once my morning sickness goes away (which hopefully will be soon) I might switch back to the pills but who knows. I just figure take whatever works best for you!

Do you actually take specific prenatal gummy vits or are they just multi vits? I really need some of these I can't handle the pills I don't think I've kept any down in weeks.

I've been taking Gummy Prenatal Vitamins for my entire pregnancy and everything is going great. I have pretty bad morning sickness so I couldn't keep down the prenatal pills my midwife prescribed me. The lack of iron in the gummies actually makes them gentler on the stomach but, of course, it is still important to get an adequate amount of iron.

Just a note of caution: make sure the brand of prenatal gummies you get have calcium in them. I discovered that the ones I was taking didn't have it in it so I had to add a prenatal calcium and fiber gummy supplement.

Do you actually take specific prenatal gummy vits or are they just multi vits? I really need some of these I can't handle the pills I don't think I've kept any down in weeks.

There are specific prenatal gummy vitamins. I looked at the vitamin aisle in my local store and there were a few different brands to choose from. :thumbup:

I'm sure not all gummy prenatals are the same, but I was told by my doctor and then compared two bottles at the store - and the gummy ones don't have as many nutrients as the good ol' fashion horse pills.

I have to take my horse pill of a prenatal at night otherwise it makes me nauseous.

Thanks :) I have never seen any in the UK but I just found some online so I may order them, some vitamins has got to be better than none.

No problem Loup! They are wonderful. I will be sure to look too see if mine have iron and calcium but I'm like 99% sure they do have folic acid. My first ob told me to try the gummies because they will be easier on my stomach.hearing everyone say that the pills make them throw up I don't even wanna switch over to the pills lol as long as I eat something before I take the gummies I'm fine

Nope mine doesn't have calcium or iron. I will go get those tonight thanks girls :)

I'm almost 17 weeks and still I can only keep them down on a very full stomach. Even before getting pregnant they would make me throw up. Unfortunately, I figured out that a major cause of my morning sickness was from me skipping my pill on sick days. As soon as I started forcing myself to take them every day, the sickness stopped almost completely!

No problem Loup! They are wonderful. I will be sure to look too see if mine have iron and calcium but I'm like 99% sure they do have folic acid. My first ob told me to try the gummies because they will be easier on my stomach.hearing everyone say that the pills make them throw up I don't even wanna switch over to the pills lol as long as I eat something before I take the gummies I'm fine

every gummy i read has calcium just not iron or some dont have dha or folic acid both need for the little brain to develope properly :)

I take Spring Valley Adult Gummy, Prenatal multivitamin with DHA & Folic Acid. You get these kind from Walmart. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Spring-V...tivitamin-with-DHA-Folic-Acid-90-count/873641

My doctor warned me against these when I was pregnant because he said they get stuck in your teeth and you don't get all the vitamins.

Jazzy I was kind of wondering about that! I try to chew them well and drink/swoosh water after wards

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->