Gut feeling something's wrong

Talia12

Reaction score
Today I just don't feel pregnant. My boobs have been really sore and I've been tired, and today I don't feel tired and my boobs barely hurt at all, even if I prod at them. I just have this strong feeling I'm not pregnant any more. It's horrible :(
I'm so worried and I don't know what to do. I'm 5+5.

I worried all the way through the first trimester with my daughter - I barely had any symptoms until 8 weeks when the sickness hit.

Roll on 12 week scan

Glad it's not just me. I've actually had more early symptoms than I did with my son, nausea didn't hit till 9 weeks. But the fact that my symptoms just seem to have gone worries me.
Last week I had backache and I was terrified that it meant miscarriage. Now I don't have backache and I'm scared that it was a normal pregnancy symptom that's now disappeared. I'm officially crazy, and my husband has pretty much agreed...!

If you're in the UK there are lots of places that do private scans I had 17 scans as I was so nervous

If you're in the UK there are lots of places that do private scans I had 17 scans as I was so nervous

It's quite relieving to hear you say that you had so many so I know it's not just me that just wants to keep having scans to check on things. I had a private one at 8 weeks with my son and I would definitely consider having one soon but at £80 a pop I can only afford to have probably at most two and if I do it this early I'm worried I'll only be worried again later on...I think in about a week I will go.

I hate this feeling. I really hope it's just paranoia and not some kind of intuition that I've lost the baby. But I do seem to have lost my symptoms so I'm really scared :nope:

I just got back from a private scan because I was so nervous. 7w+1d, all is well.

I just got back from a private scan because I was so nervous. 7w+1d, all is well.

Very glad to hear that your baby is well. Must have been so lovely to see him/her!
I will definitely have to seek some kind of reassurance soon. I think I will try my EPU first.

I had that feeling all the time. I eneded not enjoying my pregnancy so much. My son was born healthy. I had zero pregnancy symptoms throughout my whole pregnancy

I'm worrying tonight down to some ewcm. Still getting the usual symptoms, a bit of nausea and fuller slightly sore boobs but I'm worrying over everything. I've got a private scan booked for Friday, but so nervous.

I feel for you. I've had that "gut feeling" at the beginning of all of my pregnancies, now all perfectly healthy kids. When I was pregnant with one of my kids, I didn't even tell anybody until I was about 20 weeks along because I couldn't shake the feeling. She is perfect, too. I just think it's a defense mechanism, honestly. To keep us from falling in love with our babies until we are feeling sure that we will get to keep them.

I'm 12 weeks, have sore boobs/nausea, and I still don't "feel" pregnant sometimes. I'll just suddenly have a sense of panic, or just forget I'm pregnant for a while. Five weeks is so early for symptoms. Mine didn't hit until six weeks. The first 2-3 weeks after I tested were completely normal, zero symptoms.

I'm not saying you shouldn't listen to your instincts, of course, but I'd wager that every single pregnant woman has had a gut feeling that something is wrong. I had constant intuitions that something was wrong with my son -- even in the last trimester. Nothing was ever wrong. It just shows you care about your baby and will pay attention to your body's signals if something IS wrong. Here's to a healthy pregnancy!

I'm not saying you shouldn't listen to your instincts, of course, but I'd wager that every single pregnant woman has had a gut feeling that something is wrong. I had constant intuitions that something was wrong with my son -- even in the last trimester. Nothing was ever wrong. It just shows you care about your baby and will pay attention to your body's signals if something IS wrong. Here's to a healthy pregnancy!

I am trying to remind myself of this, that every woman worries there's a problem.
I'm hoping there's a difference between "intuition" that something is wrong, and plain old worrying/paranoia. I know I'm frustrating my husband but I told him I'd never be happier to be proven wrong.

I feel for you. I've had that "gut feeling" at the beginning of all of my pregnancies, now all perfectly healthy kids. When I was pregnant with one of my kids, I didn't even tell anybody until I was about 20 weeks along because I couldn't shake the feeling. She is perfect, too. I just think it's a defense mechanism, honestly. To keep us from falling in love with our babies until we are feeling sure that we will get to keep them.

That's a really nice, and good, way of looking at it. I think I'm also forgetting how I felt in first tri with my son, too - I'm looking back with rose tinted glasses when actually I think I felt pretty worried and doom and gloom about him too. It didn't signify anything as he was perfectly healthy, and I so so hope it's the same with this baby.

I'm right there with you. I keep testing to reassure myself, but then dh is like- you know if you miscarry you'll still have positive tests. That thought doesn't help. But I had a horrible feeling before I was even pregnant. I had one dream I was pregnant and then had a late miscarriage, and then another dream I was pregnant with twins, and one passed away and then when the other was born it had Down's syndrome. I'm so paranoid and I think it's just major anxiety about everything. Still such a horrid feeling to have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->