Gynecologist?

Nik_

Reaction score
I'll be turning 18 soon(in 2 months) and I've never been to one. I've been wanting to get a pelvic exam for a while now because I'm worried something might be wrong with my uterus as I randomly have very intense pelvic pains. I'm not getting them as much lately, but for a few months I had them every day, and multiple times a day.

How do I go about finding a gynecologist and what should I look for in one?

Make an appointment with your family doctor and let him/her know what is going on, and he/she will likely refer you to a gynecologist!! Good Luck!

Most likely my primary wouldn't do that as she is capable of performing pelvic exams and what not as well. She probably would want to do it herself, but I'm not comfortable enough with her to allow her to do so. It's worth a shot though, I suppose. Thank you.

It might be worth contacting the hospital to see if you could get an appointment?
If not, go to your doctors, but say that you're not comfortable with her doing it and would prefer someone else :)

HI there, not sure if you're UK based or not, but I'd go to the GUM clinic at your local hospital. They will do a drop in session or you can arrange an appointment. They are trained medical staff who will give you a complete pelvic exam, send swabs off to see if you have any infections and some will give you a pap smear as well. Also a great plce to grab some fee condoms if your not ttc.

Really impressed with your attitude of wanting to make sure everything is ok - which I'm sure it will be!!

Let us know how you get on.

xx

if in US maybe this can help https://www.plannedparenthood.org/findCenterProcess.asp apparently planned parenthood clinics do the same pelvic exams as the uk xxx

Thank you! As I am in the US I'll check out the link you provided.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->