H wanting to bring TTC sooner than planned

Clartylou

Mummy to Samuel, Pgt no#2
Reaction score
My lovely friend has contacted me to say she is 3 months pregnant (she has a 3 yr old daughter who is gorgeous!) I am SO happy for her and also very jealous. I told H how happy I am for her, but how jealous I am that she is pregnant as I really do miss it. To this he replied well why don't we try for #2 now?? Samuel is only 6 wks old and I know my body is not ready for another pregnancy just yet following my section. He then suggested trying when Samuel is 6 months old.

Our inital decision was to wait until Samuel was at least 12 months old as I had work stuff to sort out, but H thinks we shouldn't hold off for things like that.

I am hoping to start getting back into dieting and exercising next week and hope to lose a stone if not two before we start TTC, but it won't be easy with a baby to look after.

Why even though I am keen for another baby am I holding off??

Cx

Hey :) Not having been in this situation I haven't got any personal experience, but I have seemed to notice that a lot of ladies seem to want to start trying soon after they have a baby. It sounds as though you are being sensible & wanting to get yourself into a good position, physically & emotionally before you start trying again! At the end of the day it's your body & your brain that will be under the duress of pregnancy so you will know when the time is right :)

awww, you're probably nervous cos your baby is still so little. Hopefully by 6 months you'll feel differently and it's fab your OH is keen :) x

Hey!

I was in the same position and if I could I would be trying right now:dohh: But I guess our sensible side takes over and say get your body back first then have it taken over by the cute baby growing inside for 9 months:rofl:

But on a more serious note...for us if we had a bigger house (just in a 1 bed just now and trying to sell fingers crossed!) then we would although for me as well I want Nathan to be walking so I dont have to heave 2 babies around. Plus I kind of feel a bit guilty too for wanting another baby so soon as if I wanted the pregnancy and newborn and in some way Nathan wasnt enough which isnt the case in the slightest and I love seeing him grow everyday, I must say I just really have the urge and want for 2 close together in age:cloud9:

We also are looking into the maternity pay and how long I have to be back at work for to get the full benifit:rofl:

Emma.xx

Hi Emma :hi:

We live in a two bed semi, which is big enough for us and if necessary two children, however, it is a good 40 mins drive from my family. They live in Edinburgh and us in Falkirk. We had hoped to sell first and move back to Edinburgh, but after having had it looked over by a few estate agents selling right now is not an option.

My main concern is going back to work pregnant, only because my increment date is July and I have targets to meet by then or I don't get my pay increase. I know going back to work pregnant will result in me not wanting to do much work lol.

I don't want a big age gap between our children, so getting pregnant when Samuel is 6 months would be nice for him when they get to grow up together, but I also wonder if I could handle it? There's a lot of thinking to do.

Also because of my section I do worry about how my body will handle another pregnancy so soon.

Cx

I keep trying to get my head around this, too. Technically, I could start trying right now and just squeak in the hours needed to qualify for full mat leave pay. But then, I think, what's the rush? I also want to enjoy my baby right now and most of the books I've read say that ideally, your body needs a good 9-12 months to fully recover from a pregnancy.
Then I also realized, that even if I wanted to TTC right now, good luck with that! I'm breastfeeding and I still haven't had a period, so we could TTC all we wanted, but I don't think I'm ovulating yet. In the end, I'm going to let my body decide. When I get my period back, we'll see if we're ready.

You holding off is because you know what you want for your sanity and body right now.Follow your heart and you will know when the time is right.Your headed in the right direction eating right and exercising.Congrats on your new baby boy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->