Hacked off with doctor and the Depo jab!!

xxmoonriverxx

Reaction score
I went for my 6 week postnatal check mid February. I was late for my appointment as baby brain made me think it was 10 mins later than it was. Doctor was visibly annoyed with me for being late and we rushed through my check. It came to the question about contraception.

I used to be on Depo 2 1/2 yrs ago before my 1st child and toward the end had started to mess my cycles around too much, anyway I was thinking about having it this time and ideally wanted to chat it through with the doc so maybe it's my fault for not asking enough questions or persisting. I told the doc I was thinking of the depo jab and before I knew it she'd dashed out got the jab and hey presto that was that.

Anyway it certainly is a Contraceptive since I can't have sex, been bleeding for 3 weeks and no sign of relenting. I was thinking it was just a side effect as it had messed my cycles around in the past. Anyway just read an article that says a side effect of having the jab soon after giving birth is prolonged bleeding. Really wish the doctor had told me this as I wouldn't have had it if I knew.

It's making me miserable and I have to wait until end of April before it is out of my system. Hate not being in control of it as there's nothing I can do until it's worn off.

Next week is the anniversary of conceiving our little girl which will mean we haven't had sex for a whole year as hubby barely wants to touch me when i'm pregnant he gets really freaked out by the baby inside me thing even the cuddles diminished. As for having sex while on a period neither of us particularly fancy it.

Really upset by it all :growlmad:

Anyone else been in a similar situation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->