had a sad moment today :(

kat132

3 boys
Reaction score
I am pregnant with my 3rd and so far my emotions have been all over the place. One minute i feel happy the next i am sad and want to cry. My temper is short which my kids are noticing a lot. I keep worrying about my 12 week scan hoping all will be ok and baby will be healthy but what happened today shocked me a bit.

I was in the shop and started looking at baby clothes and the girl section caught my eye and i literally had to run out the shop before i started crying. :cry: I think the realisation that i want a girl this time has hit me for the first time. I have not been even thinking of girls names or anything as i am sure we only make boys :haha: and i am fully prepared for a 3rd and i though i was ok with this until today :shrug:

In your personal opinions do you think i would be better finding out the sex at a scan or waiting until baby is here? i know its early yet but i kinda freaked myself out a bit. All i can see now are those cute pink clothes :wacko:

I know exactly how you feel. I'm also convinced that my husband's family only make boys (there are no girls on that side of the family). We have 2 boys already and I would LOVE this one to be a girl. I'm definitely going to find out. Not getting my hopes up though. It would be a miracle! Xx

I can relate. I'm convinced I only make girls. I think my DS was a fluke lol as I conceived him unintentionally on birth control and he has had numerous issues growing up. When he was born, he had the cord wrapped around his neck. As a 4 month old he had to undergo surgery for a rare birth defect. Now he has just been diagnosed with Autism. I think if I ever do get another boy it may not be healthy and in fact I wonder if the reason why I had multiple losses wasn't because they were boys, as if I'm allergic to them or something. It sounds silly but my DS was the only boy born in our family since the 1980s.

Anyways, to answer your question, I think it is really your choice. If you think you can go the entire 9 months without knowing, then I'd stay team yellow. If you think it'll be upsetting to find out you're having another boy, then I'd also stay team yellow. I personally don't think I'll be able to go my entire pregnancy not knowing the gender but I'm going to try only because we really, really want our last baby to be a boy but I think the odds are greatly against us. Good luck to you! I hope you get your pink bundle!

I know exactly how you feel. I'm also convinced that my husband's family only make boys (there are no girls on that side of the family). We have 2 boys already and I would LOVE this one to be a girl. I'm definitely going to find out. Not getting my hopes up though. It would be a miracle! Xx

I am glad I am not the only one. I think I will find out so I can get my head round it. I am not getting my hopes up either. Completely preparing myself for another boy.
I hope you get your pink bundle. X

I'll be finding out as well, I'm really hoping my next it a girl otherwise I will be really disappointed as horrible as it sounds :(
We're gonna have another early scan at 16 weeks, and now they give you a bag with coloured booties in of the sex, if I opened it and they were blue I would probably cry lol

I tend to agree with finding out, especially if you have an overwhelming preference. I had a friend who was planning on holding out, but decided to find out once she realized that she REALLY wanted a girl. Her rationalization was that she didn't want her first moment with her child to be disappointment, even if it was just a little. When she found out she was having a boy, she was disappointed, but was able to work through that during her pregnancy. As she did, she connected with her son in a way that she otherwise wouldn't have been able to do.

However, you're talking to someone who is firmly in the 'find out' camp. There's no way I could sit on information like that. haha

I agree with Savasanna. I was gonna stay team yellow, but after doing some reading, I realized it was just cuz I was worried about gender disappointment. I'm also really hoping for a girl. Based on nub theory and my gut feeling, I feel like it will be, but I've got another 3+ weeks til my anatomy scan to find out. If it is a boy, I already have a name picked, and it'll give me lots of time to get used to the idea and let him get used to hearing his name while he's still on the inside. lol

Thanks ladies. Yea I will be finding out but if it is a boy not telling anyone else as I don't want to hear the 'pity' sounds :nope:
I have only told 3 people I am pregnant and already had the 'hope for a girl' ...
Got bloody ages till I can find out though. Not even had my first scan yet so my main thing at the min is praying baby is healthy. :flower:

I would find out, although I didn't. I got my girl last pregnancy, but realised how much I had a preference once she was here!!!

I vote find out. That way you have more time to process if you are having a boy. And if you do get your pink bundle it's just more time to bond and enjoy the experience of knowing you have your little girl.

I tend to agree with finding out, especially if you have an overwhelming preference. I had a friend who was planning on holding out, but decided to find out once she realized that she REALLY wanted a girl. Her rationalization was that she didn't want her first moment with her child to be disappointment, even if it was just a little. When she found out she was having a boy, she was disappointed, but was able to work through that during her pregnancy. As she did, she connected with her son in a way that she otherwise wouldn't have been able to do.

However, you're talking to someone who is firmly in the 'find out' camp. There's no way I could sit on information like that. haha

I know what you mean - I had a friend who waited till the birth, she had another boy and was visibly disappointed at the birth of him. She's since got over this but I think she should have found out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->