Had my EYPS interview yesterday...

angelic_one

Just me & my monkey <3
Reaction score
And it went AMAZINGLY. I'm SO excited! I wasn't 100% sure it was what I wanted to do but after the interview I'm sure. I am so excited and pretty sure I'll get a place as they seemed to love me. Only problem is my Mum really doesn't want me to do it, she's always worked in childcare and is afraid I'll get stuck in a low-paid job and won't reach my potential. But most nursery nurses I know are happy! It's not a job you do for money it's a job you do because you love it. And that's what I want. Besides, I'm planning to take it in a different direction anyway, I want to go into Family Support Work or Children's Centre management or something like that....possibly even setting up my own social enterprise one day helping parents back into education. EYPS is another building block for me not the end of the road. Just wish she would get on-side because I'll really struggle without her support.

Has anyone else done EYPS? I'm on the graduate entry pathway, my degree is completely unrelated, it's in History, so I am worried, but I just want this SO much...

Sorry I have no advice but I'm happy for you :) I have never known what I really want to do, :happydance: that you've found your thing!

I'm sure your mum will come round when she realises how much you want it and your vision for what to do with it in the future :)

I did EYPS in 2009 - 2010 - I did the graduate entry level pathway and my degree was in Psychology so handy for some parts (I did developmental psychology and educational psychology) but mostly learning as I went. I ended up working as a family support working in a Children's Centre (it was my second placement and they offered me a job when I was finished) I absolutely LOVED every minute of my job, but got made redundant during the last round of government budget cuts as they hit Children's Centres pretty hard. I'd love to go back into it after I've finished having babies though!

The only thing I'll repeat is that it is NOT something you do to get into a job with a high salary - most people end up either going in to Nursery Nurse positions (where unfortunately most nurseries just have a token EYP as it's required and you don't actually DO anything different or get paid any more than anyone else) or if you're lucky in to a children's centre. But like you said, working with Children/ families isn't something you do for the money, you do it because it's AWESOME!

Dear Angelic_one

Congratulations on successful interview. I have also applied for EYPS Graduate Entry PathwaY and hope to have an interview in the next week. Can You guide me please about interview. I mean what kind of interview it was.

THANKS

And it went AMAZINGLY. I'm SO excited! I wasn't 100% sure it was what I wanted to do but after the interview I'm sure. I am so excited and pretty sure I'll get a place as they seemed to love me. Only problem is my Mum really doesn't want me to do it, she's always worked in childcare and is afraid I'll get stuck in a low-paid job and won't reach my potential. But most nursery nurses I know are happy! It's not a job you do for money it's a job you do because you love it. And that's what I want. Besides, I'm planning to take it in a different direction anyway, I want to go into Family Support Work or Children's Centre management or something like that....possibly even setting up my own social enterprise one day helping parents back into education. EYPS is another building block for me not the end of the road. Just wish she would get on-side because I'll really struggle without her support.

Has anyone else done EYPS? I'm on the graduate entry pathway, my degree is completely unrelated, it's in History, so I am worried, but I just want this SO much...

So, anyone else is online?

]And it went AMAZINGLY. I'm SO excited! I wasn't 100% sure it was what I wanted to do but after the interview I'm sure. I am so excited and pretty sure I'll get a place as they seemed to love me. Only problem is my Mum really doesn't want me to do it, she's always worked in childcare and is afraid I'll get stuck in a low-paid job and won't reach my potential. But most nursery nurses I know are happy! It's not a job you do for money it's a job you do because you love it. And that's what I want. Besides, I'm planning to take it in a different direction anyway, I want to go into Family Support Work or Children's Centre management or something like that....possibly even setting up my own social enterprise one day helping parents back into education. EYPS is another building block for me not the end of the road. Just wish she would get on-side because I'll really struggle without her support.

Has anyone else done EYPS? I'm on the graduate entry pathway, my degree is completely unrelated, it's in History, so I am worried, but I just want this SO much...[/QUOTE]

Hi

R u online?

SHe isnt online atm :flower:

Good luck angelic x

firstly congrats,

my dad just completed his at the begining of the year...but he did it as part of his education degree...as some of the modules over lap.

i know since he finished he really struggled to find work...he been a manager of a nursery for the past 6 yrs (working in the nursery for over 10 years prior to that) and wanted to move into the more family support area (he worked for Surestart for a few years until they pulled the funding and closed a load of the centres) his main issue is that the goverment have pulled nearly all the funding for childcare in our area, making managers have to apply for there own jobs ...making one manager in charge of three nurseries instead of one.
but we live just out side london...so job opportunites are not brilliant.

i woul look in to the goverment grants as i know my dad got a grant to fund his!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->