Had my lap!

Barneyboo

Mummy of 2 beauty's
Reaction score
Well just thought I would let you know how it went!

Went in for my laparoscopy on Thursday I was more nervous about being put to sleep but met all the lovely Dr's who reassured me that everything will be OK!!

Anyway woke up from the anesthetic to find my self shouting I like Barack Obama for president (thinking the nurses had a conversation about him) they obviously hadn't done by the look on their faces! :rofl:

But the DR came to and said they had a problem with my abdomen cavity(i think getting the cameras in)or something so they had to give me extra gas/morphine so I would be staying in for the night! But on the plus side everything was OK!

Well I am lay here now at home very swollen/bruised tummy and bleeding a little it hurts to get up and down and I'm hoping to get back TTC very soon but have told to leave it for 6 weeks :hissy: has anyone else had a lap done and left it for 6 WHOLE WEEKS which in TTC world may as well be a year?

I was supposed to wait for six weeks after mine, but I think it was because of the d&c not the lap. We didn't wait the six weeks though...waited until after my first AF. I saw my Dr yesterday and he said as long as I was comfortable, that was fine! Glad to hear everything was okay for you. :)

Ooo hun, hope you feel better soon and I'm glad all was well1! A lap is the next step on my journey too!! i jsut hope a miracle happens before then!:hugs:

Thanks for letting us know what it's like. I've got mine in just over a week. I hope I don't have to leave it 6 weeks though to TTC!! I was hoping to catch my next OV about a week after the op. What reason did they give for leaving it 6 weeks?

I wasn't told to wait after mine...I don't think I was anyway but when the surgeon came to talk to me I was still so out of it from the anaesthetic and everything he said is a bit of a blur - he did send a letter to my doctor and a copy to me though and it wasn't mentioned in that either. Did they give you a reason for it? Might just be a precaution to give stitches a chance to heal but seems like a long time when you only have a couple of tiny scars.

Glad everything was ok though :wohoo:

I always wake up talking about something random after a general - last time I was telling the nurses that they needed to find my camera to get a photo and got really stressed because nobody would help me find it :laugh2:...no idea why as the last thing I wanted was a picture of me in the recovery room :rofl: x

Just had a look online and different people have been advised different things - 2 weeks, 6 weeks, after your next period... (but some said that it was nearly 6 weeks before they felt completely back to normal). If you're comfortable enough in the next couple of weeks I'd give your doctor or consultant a call and just ask if there was any reason why you have to wait 6 weeks x

Just had a look online and different people have been advised different things - 2 weeks, 6 weeks, after your next period... (but some said that it was nearly 6 weeks before they felt completely back to normal). If you're comfortable enough in the next couple of weeks I'd give your doctor or consultant a call and just ask if there was any reason why you have to wait 6 weeks x

To be honest it was the nurse and not the consultant, I asked her the question and she came back with 6 weeks!!!! I was gutted I thought it could be done to risk of infection :hissy:The booklet that you get for information says that I can as soon as I am ready! :hug:

Thanks for letting us know what it's like. I've got mine in just over a week. I hope I don't have to leave it 6 weeks though to TTC!! I was hoping to catch my next OV about a week after the op. What reason did they give for leaving it 6 weeks?

Just wanted to wish you luck and hope everything goes OK (which it will) it was the nurse that said for 6 weeks but that had come via consultant :cry:

last time I was telling the nurses that they needed to find my camera to get a photo and got really stressed because nobody would help me find it :laugh2:...no idea why as the last thing I wanted was a picture of me in the recovery room :rofl: x[/quote]

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"