had this hapen to anyone....

verito55

Mother of One,
Reaction score
OMG I am so upset I whent to the Drs office today since getting my :bfp: yesterday. I wanted to confirm my sticky bean and since I am not actually late the nurse told me that I had to wait to get a prg test then she told me that the home prg test are not acurate. ( **** come on lady read the box***)that I had to wait until I was late, but she still did a urine test wich she pulled out of her pocket and it was just like the on I had done yesterday morning. and it came out negative. She told me that if I wanted to be for sure I had to take a blood test that my insurance does not cover and had to pay out of my own pocket or wait a week l don't get my :witch: since her experince is that it alwasy comes back negative. then she got upset when I told her I was not paying for my test that I wanted to wait. mmmmmm that made me think.... but I'm changing Drs for sure :wacko::wacko: so I'm confused and angry I still don't know if I am prg for sure or not....:shrug::shrug: ( I did 3 test at home they all came out positive....)

your tests could have been more sensitive then the doctors office. she could have tested you with a 50 or 100 mIU test.

I would definitely change doctors too if i were you.

good luck darlin...i hope you were right and her test just sucked haha

You cant have 3 positive tests and not be pregnant,
she sounded like a right mean cow, doctors tests aint as sensetive as home kits so wait until af is due and go back :)

well that was a bit cacky of her :( id do the same and wait im sure i wouldnt pay for bloods when she could have used a not so sensitive test nasty mare :(:hug::hug: for ya x

I'd be inclined to believe the tests you did at home. Like the other ladies have said, the doctors tests aren't as sensitive as the HPT's.

I'd go back after AF was due.

Good Luck sweetie :)

XxX:kiss:

when i got my positives and went to dr, i asked "what now? do i do a test here too?" her reply was theres no point... if 2 hometests have said positive then you are .....
this was a couple of days before my period was due, i got the positive 5 days early
id ignore her, just wait for AF and when it dosnt show go back to prove your dr wrong :)

What a bitch!

Congrats on your BFP!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

My doctor is the SAME WAY! One time he asked me if I was a Worry-some-person because I ask too many questions!?! OMG that pissed me off!! I was about 20 weeks into my pregnancy with my last DD and had some VERY sharp pain in my liver area. The nurse told me come in, he'll want to do an U/S because something didn't seem right.
This was my 3rd pregnancy, I wouldn't of asked a "dumb" question if something didn't seem right.

Eventually, like a week and a half later, that pain went away...but NEVER got the U/S, he didn't even feel my belly where I told him it hurt...NOTHING! I ended up switching doctors because the one I did see, wasn't obviously helping me and seemed like I was the crazy one!

Sounds to me, that you might have to do the same thing. Sorry they're doing this to you. Obviously you are pregnant =)

My OB doesn't like to see woman until they're 8 weeks or over just because you still could have a early miscarriage, are they like that where you are? Maybe that's why she was so rude!

Good luck and update us =)

doctors & nurses always use stupid bloody crap non sensitive tests- and plus, they never look at it properly, if the line isnt as bold & clear as day, they call it a neg- trust the tests u have done and your instinct- you ARE pregnant :-D

so sorry she was such a horrid cow :hugs: home tests are so accurate, ignore her! i probably would switch doc's honey, and i wouldn't paid for the blood tests either! loads of luck :hugs: x x

I would also suggest you look for another Dr. I don't understand why people have to make our lives so difficult! The Dr that is in the same office as mine, is impossible. I was standing with my hubby while he was getting blood work done, and he asked me if I had a reason to be standing there, we had just lost our son, and I didn't want to be very far from my hubbies side, well he made me stand in the waiting area, and I was bawling my eyes and furious. He even had the cheek to come over as we were leaving to talk about it, and I let him have it. There are some Dr's that care and want to help (like my dr) and others that are just in it for the money. Best of luck to you! And I hope you get a blood confirmed :bfp: soon!!

OMG I am so upset I whent to the Drs office today since getting my :bfp: yesterday. I wanted to confirm my sticky bean and since I am not actually late the nurse told me that I had to wait to get a prg test then she told me that the home prg test are not acurate. ( **** come on lady read the box***)that I had to wait until I was late, but she still did a urine test wich she pulled out of her pocket and it was just like the on I had done yesterday morning. and it came out negative. She told me that if I wanted to be for sure I had to take a blood test that my insurance does not cover and had to pay out of my own pocket or wait a week l don't get my :witch: since her experince is that it alwasy comes back negative. then she got upset when I told her I was not paying for my test that I wanted to wait. mmmmmm that made me think.... but I'm changing Drs for sure :wacko::wacko: so I'm confused and angry I still don't know if I am prg for sure or not....:shrug::shrug: ( I did 3 test at home they all came out positive....)

This exactly happened to me last month:growlmad: When I got my BFP, I called the doctor, the stupid lady told me that even though I was a week late it was too "early". I told her I did a home test and I got 3 POSITIVES she then said they couldn't be confirmed because they were not done in the office, I told her thats why I am making an appointment!! She then said to call back in a week! Errr, the next week my BFP turned to BFN, and I got AF:growlmad: I was so pissed...also the insurance thing happened as well.....

switch docs dear.. I hate nurses that are like that. As if its not hard enough of an emotional roller coaster that we have to run into ppl like that. uggg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->