Haggling

Blah11

☼ Mummy to Amelie ☼
Reaction score
Do you?

I hardly ever do as I find it a bit embarassing and cheeky! I was at a market kind of like a nearly new sale last weekend and there was a wooden BNIB puzzle the woman had £2.50 and someone said 'will you take £1.50' 'no sorry' '£1.60?' 'no i cant its fairtrade wood' 'okay £2 then' 'no. its £2.50' 'oh okay then'. CRINGE.
I sometimes do it online when I'm buying nappies but I usually just pay the asking price.

Imagine haggling over £2.50, really :dohh:
I don't haggle, even online. It winds me up when people haggle with me too because I generally give in because it's too awkward :lol:

I hate haggling, I only do it on ebay if they're open to offers - I once sold my Sola pushchair for £115 and when the mum came to pick it up she took out a wad of £20 notes (so not like I could even get the £15 off her) and said 'how much can I get you down to, £100?'. It was like did she even ever have the intention of playing full price coming here? Pretty cheeky.

i cant do it for shame, even abroad where i was told by a stall holder it's expected i still coughed up the full amount! he wasnt bothered just surprised :blush:

I haggle when we go to Morocco, cos its expected...you go to the souk, you haggle!

I wouldnt dream of it here...Although i did a little on our carpets tho, but we know him and he expected it.

I hate haggling, I only do it on ebay if they're open to offers - I once sold my Sola pushchair for £115 and when the mum came to pick it up she took out a wad of £20 notes (so not like I could even get the £15 off her) and said 'how much can I get you down to, £100?'. It was like did she even ever have the intention of playing full price coming here? Pretty cheeky.

omg the cheek :wacko:

I get to embarrassed but DF doesn't. Saying that, if I go to the markets and say I can't afford something and start walking away they say well you can have it for this price or we can do you a deal etc.

No I never haggle, I would find it really embarassing. Even on Ebay where it says open to offers I just pay the full asking price. :)

Noooo. I get too embarrassed. When DH bought our car, I had to go and sit in the car because I was embarrassed of his haggling! With a car, it's expected. When I told him it embarrassed me, he said he didn't like doing it, but it saved us 300 quid so he just kept thinking of that.

We went to a market in Spain once and the reps told us that it was weird if you *didn't* haggle so I got all brave and tried to get the price down on a €20 dress (in Spanish, I might add!) but the stall holder just kept saying no! I bought it at full price and vowed never to haggle again!

I haggle on nappies because that's what everyone else does :haha: but not if I think its a good price. I don't on anything else as I just buy stuff in shops and I can't imagine it'd go down too well in Tesco :haha:

We haggled when we bought our kitten :haha:

She wanted 170 for him BUT he didn't have his injections done (she was meant to do them) and I said knock 30 off and you got a deal. She didn't even say anything to that, just okay. Never haggled with anything else though.

I wouldnt even pay any money for a kitten lol

I think in some respects people really expect you to haggle! Like a bootsale or antique market they expect you to want a bit off. Also when buying a car, most people understand people are going to try to knock a bit off so if your looking for 1300 for your car you'd put it up for 1500 and expect to take a bit off :shrug:

I'm not the biggest fan of it, but I do do it :lol:

I haggle when we go to Morocco, cos its expected...you go to the souk, you haggle!

I wouldnt dream of it here...Although i did a little on our carpets tho, but we know him and he expected it.

i haggled in morocco aswell! but never ever would do it. it is really embaressing i think!

How the flip and where do you haggle for nappies? And why did no one tell me? I have three bums to cover!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->