Haggling

I don't haggle, I'm too shy! Haha :laugh2:
When we were in Lanzarote we went to the Costa Teguise markets and were told that you had to haggle and no one paid the full price for anything. I found a bag for 18 euros and was trying my best to haggle it down but being far too polite about it. The woman said she couldn't accept less than 12 euros for it so I said ok I'd take it, as I thought that was a good reduced price anyway. But my husband haggled further and got it me for 10 euros :D

I haggle when i go to Turkey. Last time i went, a bag shop had a REALLY nice caillou bag (kids tv show). It has wheels & a handle, but can also be used as a backpack. I had been eyeing it up for about a week, then on the last day i went to look at it. The guy came up to me and said this is 70 lira (about £35 at the time). I told him there was no way i would be paying that, he went straight down to 30 lira (about £15), i still said no. After him saying he couldnt go lower, i started to walk off. He shouted after me and said "wait i will speak with the shop owner". I got the bag for 15 lira (about £7). A bag of the same quality here in the uk would of cost me £40. That is the best bargain iv got over there :) x

I always haggle when my mobile phone contract is up for renewal so that I get the best deal for the next 2 years. I managed to get my samsung Galaxy S2 for free on my £20 a month contract last time. :thumbup:

I haggle when i go to Turkey. Last time i went, a bag shop had a REALLY nice caillou bag (kids tv show). It has wheels & a handle, but can also be used as a backpack. I had been eyeing it up for about a week, then on the last day i went to look at it. The guy came up to me and said this is 70 lira (about £35 at the time). I told him there was no way i would be paying that, he went straight down to 30 lira (about £15), i still said no. After him saying he couldnt go lower, i started to walk off. He shouted after me and said "wait i will speak with the shop owner". I got the bag for 15 lira (about £7). A bag of the same quality here in the uk would of cost me £40. That is the best bargain iv got over there :) x

River watches that on netflix. Is it french?

I don't do it as I get so embarrassed. On holiday I'll get family to do it for me though as it's kind of expected at markets.

River watches that on netflix. Is it french?

Yeah i think it originates from Quebec. We first came across it in turkey. I thought the little boy was so cute. It was the first cartoon my son took a liking to, so we got him a Caillou soft toy, a few toy mobile phones, a beach towel and the caillou bag. Its a shame its so expensive to buy over here :( It you have sky +, its on cartoonito at about 3am. I record it for Archie :) I love the theme tune, its my ring tone. It drives my oh nuts. lol. xx

Just checked and its no longer on there :( We have so many recorded, i didnt realise they had stopped showing it! x

I never haggle I'd be to embarrassed.i don't think I've ever haggled tbh

I haggle on a boot sale, but not anywhere else, but not how you have written it.

If i ask how much something is and they say "£5" and i think its unreasonable id say "would you take £3.50" and if they said no, then its a no. I wouldnt keep asking :lol:

I have haggled when I've been abroad. I've asked for discount for multiple buys too from ebay...which I suppose is haggling.

For the sake of 50p, I don't see the point but if its going to save me £10 or more, hell yeah! :lol:

I haggle on a boot sale, but not anywhere else, but not how you have written it.

If i ask how much something is and they say "£5" and i think its unreasonable id say "would you take £3.50" and if they said no, then its a no. I wouldnt keep asking :lol:

Same as elli, at bootsales I do - if they say £1 I will generally pay a £1 but when its £1.50, £2.50 etc I usually knock the 50p off

xxx

Depends what it is, where it is, how good/bad a deal it is tbh

Also depends how confident I am feeling that day. Once managed to get money off a couple of computer parts I needed and the only place I could get them at short notice was the ripoff merchant PC world so I batted my eyelids at the sales bloke and got a few quid off :lol:

I would never agree a price with a private seller then try and bring it down further after having agreed.

I dont really barter but my OH and dad do only for big items though like our sofa,tv etc we got £600 off our sofa by bartering and an additional £350 off the tv so im quite thankful my OH does id die try to barter something thats a few quid! lol

I'm to embarrassed to sometimes I wish I could have the guts to though :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->