• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hair dye? is it safe?

Jodiebump2012

Reaction score
My hairdressers said it's safe while pregnant? I'm still concerned though, will it be ok to have an all over colour?

Yes it is. People go on about fumes, (these days they are minimal with home colours too) but the real issue you should consider is reactions. I would recommend any pregnant client to have a skin test 48 hours before full head application, regardless of whether they have used the product before or not.

I asked the midwife this last week and she said it's fine :)

I dyed my hair when pregnant with DD without a problem. It was supposed to be black but it came out dark brown instead though. :dohh:

SIL is a cosmetologist, and she learned in school that it's fine.

My OB said it's totally fine- it's the women working in tiny, poorly ventilated salons that they worry about, since they're breathing in tons of chemicals 40 hours a week for months on end. Even a stylist working daily in a well-ventilated salon is safe.

Thanks all, think I might go for it then,my fault for googling it I'm such a worrier x

Thanks all, think I might go for it then,my fault for googling it I'm such a worrier x

Please have a skin test before you have done. I was going to the same hairdressers for years using the same colour. My hair dresser did a skin test which thank god I told her I was pregnant as I had an allergic reaction skin where the test was done blistered. I had further tests about 4 weeks later as she recommended my hormones might have changed by then. Still the same reaction! She then tried a different brand which I was fine with.

Hate to think How awful it would have been if she had put the colour on my fully on my hair!

I dyed my hair as soon as I made it through the first trimester

What's better/safer to use then? Box dye or hairdressers dye? Will definitely do a skin test though x

Hairdressers for sure. Box hair dye usually doesn't do what it's supposed to with pregger hair. :haha:

Really :dohh: I asked my friend to put box dye on cause I'm not gonna let her touch my scalp, feel a bit stupid walking into hairdressers and telling them not to do that lol

What's better/safer to use then? Box dye or hairdressers dye? Will definitely do a skin test though x

Hairdressers, as the strength of the developer can be custom chosen with regards to your current shade and whatever you already have on it.

However either will touch your scalp if you are applying to roots. You cant *not* touch the scalp unless the hair is in foils or its an off the scalp partial colour.

Yes, I've dyed my hair twice (box hair dye) so far. My doctor said it's safe as long as you do it in a well ventilated area! Make sure there's good ventilation, open windows, etc. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->