Hair Dye & Pregnancy

amanthony

Z's Mama
Reaction score
Just wondering what the REAL truth is about hair dye and pregnancy. I've read and heard both sides. I'm not pregnant yet, but hope to be soon. I dye my hair semi-regularly, but was considering changing it to the natural color to avoid doing anything that could interfere with GETTING or STAYING pregnant. How do I know if it's really harmful or not? Anyone know?

I asked my hairdresser the same thing - and he said it was fine. But I don't know the real truth because he might have said that just because he wants my business. Ha. I did see recently on the shelf a brand of perm. hair dye that was ammonia free. Something to think about? Would be nice to hear more feedback on this!

I asked my hairdresser the same thing - and he said it was fine. But I don't know the real truth because he might have said that just because he wants my business. Ha. I did see recently on the shelf a brand of perm. hair dye that was ammonia free. Something to think about? Would be nice to hear more feedback on this!

HA! My old hairdresser said it was fine too. But I have a new girl I go to and when I made this appointment we chatted a bit, and she told me that she's TTC now too. I'll ask her--if she's TTC, she might tell me the truth! I'll let you know. In the meantime...if anyone knows, let us know please!

dont quote me on this, but i think that it is okay if you make sure you are doing it in a ventilated area and careful not to breath in the fumes. my sister dyed her hair when she was pregnant and everything was fine with her and her baby. sorry not much help, you are right, some places say it's okay some say no! best to ask a doctor!

well i admit when i found out i was pg(mc unfortually) the midwife told me to do it in a well air cond place so that ur not breathing the fumes,but while im ttc im not giving it up, i only do it ever 10wk(me roots) and i cant see the harm :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->