hair dye

S

sumatwsimit

a really random post:

ive heard it's not a good idea to dye your hair when pregnant, or if you do then get a professional to do it.

well, im neither pregnant ( a possibility but don't know at 6dpo) nor a professional hairdresser but i usually colour my own hair at home (scared of hairdressers). the sun this summer has really bleached my dark brown colour out ( i stupidly went blonde last year...) and i want to top up the colour but scared to use my usual loreal home dye kit.

is it o.k. to colour even when ttc?

a really random post:

ive heard it's not a good idea to dye your hair when pregnant, or if you do then get a professional to do it.

well, im neither pregnant ( a possibility but don't know at 6dpo) nor a professional hairdresser but i usually colour my own hair at home (scared of hairdressers). the sun this summer has really bleached my dark brown colour out ( i stupidly went blonde last year...) and i want to top up the colour but scared to use my usual loreal home dye kit.

I totally need to get my hair re-dyed.......so I'm wondering the same thing! :)

I dyed my hair the entire time I was pregnant with DD; use a semi-permanent that is ammonia free. Try to keep as much as possbile off of your scalp; if you color at home, use the bowl and brush method instead of straight out of the bottle.

Research has only shown issues in mice, in doses that no human would put on her head.

I got a few *ahem* greys I need to cover lol

I got a few *ahem* greys I need to cover lol

oh, ive got those too. im fighting a losing battle against the blonde and silver coming through. my mum started dying her hair when she was in her early 20's! her hair naturally was almost black. unfortunately, the darker the hair naturally is the more of a problem. thanks mum, love you.

I dyed my hair the entire time I was pregnant with DD; use a semi-permanent that is ammonia free. Try to keep as much as possbile off of your scalp; if you color at home, use the bowl and brush method instead of straight out of the bottle.

Research has only shown issues in mice, in doses that no human would put on her head.

ive been using the loreal excellence cream but thinking it is permanent not semi. i'll have to look for a semi.

Clairol Natural Instincts if you can find it.

thanks dmom, i'll have a look. i know that name but unsure if it's on the shelves here.

I was also wondering - totally need to dye my hair. Maybe I'll do it tomorrow. Always do it at home too as also have phobia of hairdressers lol!

a really random post:

I dyed my hair while i was PG. I spokw to numberous hairdressers beforehand and they all assured me that the hair dyes you can by today are by far safer than anything they had in the past. They believe that 10 years ago it may have an effect on a growing fetus but not now. That was good enough for me. I even dyed my hair while in labour as i couldnt stand the grey roots.

I should have said that i used the 10 minute one from "Nice and Easy". Just to restrict the time it was on my head. :)

When i do get my BFP i think i will either use these again or try the new foam ones.

I should have said that i used the 10 minute one from "Nice and Easy". Just to restrict the time it was on my head. :)

When i do get my BFP i think i will either use these again or try the new foam ones.

Love the foam!

I LOVE the foam so much easier and no mess when DH puts it in!!! He usually splatters it all over the place :wacko:

Hi ,I had this problem wen I was preg and found a colour in a health shop called reflex color ,it lasts a month and has no ammonia or peroxide ,u can buy it online too ,:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

When my sis-in-law was pregnant my brother called the advice number on the box of dye and asked - they said it was safe as long as she had used it before and not had an allergic reaction. So if you've been using the same one then it shd be okay, but maybe u could call the advice line number too and make sure to give u peace of mind x

Well I can´t live on the, what if, any longer, so I´ve got a head full of dye and OH has black hands now. It is stressful enough ttc without looking like I´ve had a big fright!! When I knew I was pregnant I didn´t dye, but as I´ve been trying now for a year I just have to! So vain!!
More to the point what do you do when you have dyed for years and want to stop? I´ll have to cut it all off or have a white head and black locks, argh horrid.

Nat you can't have highlights whilst pregnant but you can use hair dye so no need to worry hunni xxxxxx

I've had my hair dyed twice with foils at the hairdressers twice so far this pregnancy. I tried to hold off, but after talking to my hairdresser, my brother who is a GP and a good friend who is a surgeon and they all told me it was fine I went ahead. I did think about it before I did and held off longer than I probably would have usually in the first tri. I shall be going again in a couple of weeks. It made me feel so much better getting rid of the roots and the grey, not being selfish, but being big, having spots I can't use anything on, lots of twinges and weeing and not sleeping very well I felt like getting my hair dyed was ok. I don't smoke, drink or take too much caffiene so I'm trying to be good with everything else! :hugs:

I've had 4 children and whilst i was pregnant with all 4 i was told not to use foils because you are very sensitive when pregnant and you can get an allergic reaction. The hairdressers i know are well against using foils whilst pregnant but its up to you Nat my love. I even asked my GP and she said no to foils just to be on the safe side. I would say no to the highlights and yes to the dye xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->