Hair growth

xxxemmaxxx

Reaction score
The further along I get in this pregnancy the slower my hair seems to be growing?!
I.e armpits - usually a every other day girl now 3-5 days
Eyebrows and my lip hair very slow so my waxer said
And leg hair once a week just because its summer but even then its really patchy.

My question is will this get less and less as I get further along if this seems to be a symptom I have?!

Increased body hair is a very normal pregnancy side effect, and it's likely that it will go away within a few months of delivering your baby.

Oh no I meant I have decreasing!
And i'm usually quite hairy!

Oh no I meant I have decreasing!
And i'm usually quite hairy!

Sorry about that! I read that correctly and then stepped away from my computer and came back and already forgot what the post said, I guess, since I clearly answered the wrong question! I should have said it can go both ways, but most people get increased hair growth. You know - pregnancy brain. lol. Just like increased hair growth, decreased hair growth will probably last a few months postpartum. Just make sure you're getting enough vitamins and minerals in case it isn't caused by a deficiency, but I take my prenatals and eat well and still get increased or decreased hair growth, depending on the pregnancy (decreased with my two daughters, increased with my sons). :)

Thats interesting and thanks for the reply..
when it decreased with your daughters did it decrease as the pregnancy went on?

I have PCOS and I've noticed a decrease in hair growth although the hair on my head has gotten thicker. Just the change in hormones, I'm not complaining! :)

Yeah definitely not complaining.. especially as with my last DS everythig grew quick! (Cant remember 1st DS but cant of been quick as with a regular shaver like me I would remember!)

My hair on my head gets thicker. But the rest has slowed way down. I got legs waxed and then 6 weeks again and hardly had any regrowth. Post partum with my head hair it came out by the bucket load.... all due to hormones. I had lots of short wispy baby hair on my hairline for a while.

My hair on my head gets thicker. But the rest has slowed way down. I got legs waxed and then 6 weeks again and hardly had any regrowth. Post partum with my head hair it came out by the bucket load.... all due to hormones. I had lots of short wispy baby hair on my hairline for a while.

Yes I've heard of the baby hair on hairline.. i lost hair during pregnancy with my 1st ds and hair went crazy thick with second ds.. didnt fall out for about 12-18 months after he was born.

That happened to my cousin. Not to freak you out, she also lost a bit of hair post partum/has issues with balding. I have the opposite issue. I'm getting my lady bits waxed every 4 weeks instead of 8. It's breaking my bank haha

Oh thats annoying!
My waxer said my eyebrows had only grown a bit and that was in 6 weeks.. same waxer heard me moan a lot last time as my gel nails espscially used to last half the time woth the growth!

Thats interesting and thanks for the reply..
when it decreased with your daughters did it decrease as the pregnancy went on?

No, it was just a random thing I noticed one day, but it never got any better or worse. It returned to normal within a few months of delivering her.

OI, I wish I had decreasing hair growth - instead I have never ending chin hair and a fuzzy belly. :/

I'm still waiting for the really dark long black hairs i get under my belly button usually. But more than happy for them to stay away!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->